Chapter 3 | Babe number 6

C H A P T E R  3
|B A B E  N U M B E R  6 |
L A N A

I picked at my salad again.

"Babe, if you don't tell me what's wrong I'll threaten a kid in your class" Mike sounded worried. He was sitting to my left with his arm comfortably around my shoulder.

Matt and Riley sat in front of us, and Stacey and a few other cheerleaders sat next to us.

I suddenly straightened my posture and glanced at him. "Nothing happened, I'm absolutely fine"

Matt eyed me suspiciously. "You were acting weird ever since that guy lied to the teacher"

Stacey nudged me and mouthed to me. "Which one?"

I nodded my head to a table two rows away from us. He sat in the middle joking and talking to his peers.

She eyed him like a piece of meat. "He's hot"

Mike glared at him cracking his knuckles. "I swear I'm gonna kick his ass-" he started standing up. I quickly stood up and rested my two hands on his chest to stop him.

"Don't. I don't like him, I'm just observing people" I warned him.

He glanced at him before sitting down and grumbling under his breath.

Stacey stared dreamily at him. Even I was staring at him.

"I'm gonna go meet him"

I grabbed onto her arm. "Do you even know his name?"

She pouted. "No" before a smile took over her face. "But I'll ask"

She started walking, adding a sway to her hips seductively.

"Stacey-" I started but she kept walking.

I watched closely. Stacey ushered over a guy sitting next to him. His eyes popped out of his head as he quickly moved over. Stacey sat down and turned directly the other way before grabbing onto his arm and smiling at him. She asked a question and he glanced at her. He wasn't surprised, he kept the same blank face and answered. She asked another question and he replied with one word. Stacey was surprised and disappointed. She stood up and stalked back to our table. Everyone at our table was talking but I looked directly at Stacey when she sat down.

She smiled. But it was a fake smile. Anyone can see through that.

I returned her smile. "So how'd it go?"

"Great" she spoke too enthusiastically. "He's so into me"

I raised a brow. "You sure? Cause from here it looked lik-"

I was cut in by her outburst. "Lana he wasn't even that into me! I asked for his name and he gave it to me. Then I asked if I could grab his number and he said, sorry but I don't want to be part of a booty call" she waved her hands around frantically.

I laughed at this and she stomped her food on the ground. "It's not funny, I've never been turned down before"

If I'm gonna get his help, I need to at least know his name. "So what's his name?"

She now picked at her salad. "Luke West"

I stared at him. Luke West. He glanced up and met my eyes. His gaze was strong and steady. He could easily be mistaken as a bad boy. We held each other's gaze for a minute before the bell rang