Chapter 25 | Are you bipolar?

C H A P T E R  2 5
| A R E  Y O U  B I P O L A R ?|
L A N A

I looked around cautiously listening in on people's conversations. People were giving me stares, some glaring. My eyes flew past them to the end of the hallway where Mike, Stacey and Matt stood with a few other cheerleaders and jocks.

Stacey was grinning at me giving me a look and mouthing call me later. I have her a small smile but shifted my eyes to whoever's intense rate was currently on me. Mike was full on glaring at me. But that wasn't what caught my eye. What caught my eye the most was his black eye. His eye looked swollen like he'd taken a bad punch.

Why is he even glaring at me? And where did he get the black eye from?

I ignored everyone now and grabbed my books to have someone shove me their phone.

I instantly pulled back blinded by the phone. "Jeez, no one can see whats on your phone that close"

She pushed her phone back and smiled sheepishly at me. "Sorry, but it's really important. Haven't you noticed anything weird this morning?" Maya asked.

I looked around at the people still staring at me as I pretended I didn't know. "Weird?"

She rolled her eyes and showed me her phone again. It was a picture of Luke and I kissing. And it was angled so you could see both of our faces.

"Everyone knows about it" Maya gushed.

"How did someone take this?" I asked in confusion.

"I thought you guys hugged or did something else but you kissed!" She grinned.

Of course she knew we kissed. She just wanted to rub it in.

"Was someone stalking us and hid in the bush or something?" I asked looking around cautiously.

It was kinda freaky.

"I have to ask, are you guys a thing now?" She asked.

I snapped out of my trance. I thought for a second. I actually don't know. Was that just a mistake or an actual thing? I really want to know what Luke thinks about this.

"I don't know" I said truthfully.

"Do you know what happened to Mike?" I asked her.

She glanced in his direction. "I have no idea. All I know is that when I arrived here today his face was fine. Ten minutes later he has a black eye" she shrugged.

I nodded. Not weird at all.

"You know I'm Luke's sister right?" She asked.

"You are?" I asked innocently.

She ignored my comment. "And I have to tell you that I will not tolerate you breaking my brothers heart"

I rolled my eyes. "It's nice to know you care for your brother so much" I replied in a non enthusiastic tone.

She smiled proud of herself. "I know, it feels good"

We made our way to our first class. Maya and I both sat at the front as students piled in. The teacher was standing at the front with his back to us writing on the board. Soon later Luke came in with his head down as he slumped into the seat next to me.

I snickered. "Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed"

It's not that I could see his face. Because if I could he'd still be drop dead gorgeous but he came in like he only got 2 hours of sleep.

He turned his head to meet my gaze and I gasped. His hair was tousled like he's been running his hands through it many times. His green eyes had gold specks flickering in them. And his perfectly plump lips stood out. No, I didn't gasp because he was attractive. But under his right eye near his chin was a bruise starting to form. It looked like someone punched him.

"Luke what happened?" I asked worried.

His jaw had clenched. "Nothing happened, I fell off my bed this morning"

Maya stared at him with wide eyes. "No you didn't. Luke what happened? Because when we arrived here together you didn't look like that" she gestured towards his face.

"Maya stay out if it" Luke warned before facing the front.

Maya surrendered and sat back down further in her seat.

The bell rang as students rushed into class.

I stood up and grabbed Luke's arm and made our way out of the class making a sign to the teacher if we could leave the room for a minute. This was the only class that I could do this though because he's the only chill teacher I have.

The hallway had become quieter and few students were at their lockers. We stood next to a locker where no one can see us.

"Luke what happened?" I asked again.

He looked around not answering before meeting my eyes.

"You don't want to answer? Fine, I'll guess. You punched Mike and he punched you back" I guessed.

Anger filled his eyes. He laughed without humour. "Of course it's my fault. I can't believe this. You believe that I punched him. I get it now. Your not over him. Your using me to get to him. That kiss meant nothing to you last night did it?" He asked his tone raising as he towered over me.

My eyes widened as I raised my tone. "I'll have you know I broke up with Mike and I absolutely hate him. I want nothing to do with him. And that kiss last night did mean something"

He fired back. "So it did mean something? What does something even mean? Because you didn't talk to me last night or anything after the kiss"

"You didn't either. And I didn't because I thought you thought it was a mistake. After we kissed I was a mess. I nearly twisted my ankle. Which meant that I was affected by your kiss. Whilst you stood there smirking. Like I was just a random girl coming up and kissing you" I said back in rage. It was true.

He ran his hand through his hair. "It affected me too. I like you Lana, god dammit. There you go. Here's your chance to reject me"

He likes me. Luke likes me. I was pleased. Pleased was an understatement. I was ecstatic.

I couldn't stop the huge smile from taking over me.

He looked at me like I was weird. Yet he looked confused which made him look rather cute. "Are you bipolar?" He asked.

I grinned. "You could say that" I took a step forward as our lips connected. It took him a moment to react as our lips moved together in sync. It was a passionate kiss. It felt like fireworks were exploding inside of me. I pulled away even though I didn't want to.

I leaned into his ear. "I like you too" I whispered seductively and walked away back into the classroom and back in my seat.

Maya raised a brow at me and I smiled at her before looked at the board, trying to get back on track with the work.

(A/N)
Happy belated Easter for those who celebrate it!

How was this chapter? And Luke and Lana becoming something, about time.

Updating soon.
Remember to comment and vote.
~ Ashley.