Chapter 20 | Love-hate relationship

C H A P T E R  2 0
| L O V E - H A T E  R E L A T I O N S H I P |
L A N A

I parked my car on the side of the house.

I showered for a long time, feeling the warmth cascade down my back. I lathered shampoo and condition in my hair and applied body wash to my skin. Thoughts crept into my mind. Why does my mother want to talk to me? Normally she wouldn't have time to.

I wrapped a fluffy white towel around me and applied makeup. When I was done I stared at my reflection. I had applied light foundation and bronzer. I put a sparkly skin coloured eye shadow on and applied mascara.

I blow dried my hair and left my bathroom, deciding to look for what to wear. I scanned my wardrobe, picking out outfits before putting them back in. Nothing in my closet was good enough to impress my mother. I sighed angrily and called someone.

Maya picked up immediately. "Miss me already?"

I ignored her comment. "I need help"

She laughed. "Girl, you need lots of help"

"Are you gonna keep joking around because right now I'm not in the mood" I snapped.

She seems taken back by my tone. "Jeez, I didn't mean to joke around"

I sighed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap. I just want this afternoon to pass"

"What do you need help with?" She asked.

I smiled at this. She didn't refuse and say she's busy. "I'm going to have afternoon tea with my mother. She's very strict and a business women. I don't know what to wear"

She laughed. "You, Lana, don't know what to wear? I mean, your like the queen of fashion and attitude"

I ignored the compliment knowing that she was lying. "Thanks, I guess. But this women is my mother, and she is the most hardest women to impress"

"I'll be over in 5" I can imagine her grinning.

I quickly cut in. "You don't know where I live"

She smirks. "I don't, but I bet you Luke does" she hung up.

I glared at my phone. What does she mean by that?

There was one thought though that kept occurring in my head. How does Luke even know where I live?

I opened my door and walked through the hallway, down the stairs and towards the kitchen. I grabbed a small snack and nibbled on it whilst walking towards the front door when I heard the doorbell ring.

Maya smiled cheerfully at me with clothes stacked on her arms. Too much clothes.

I raised a brow. "It's not Winter. I'm pretty sure I don't need that much layers of clothes"

She grinned. "No silly. These are options"

I scanned the hundred options she held.

"Can I please come in, these clothes are heavy" she whined.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door wider so she could come in. She scanned the rooms and hallways that was in her view in awe. I shut the door and started walking up the stairs towards my bedroom.

"Is this really a house?" She asked her eyes wide in amazement.

"Believe it or not, I'm the only one that lives here" I muttered.

"Don't your parents live here?" She asked as we walked through a hallway.

"Yes, but they rarely come home" I said opening the door and walking in.