Chapter 8 | Shopping spree

C H A P T E R 8
| S H O P P I N G S P R E E |
L A N A

She nodded unconvinced. "Sure. But anyway. Since we can't hang out in school, Starbucks every Monday after school with Matt and Riley"

"Without Mike"

"Yes without that douche" she glared at the thought of him.

I smiled at this. "Then I'm in" before frowning.

Tomorrow's plan came into my mind.

She noticed my change of mood. "What's wrong?"

"I have to go shopping tomorrow" I groaned.

Not that I hate shopping. I love the idea of shopping for heels or cute skirts and tops. But the whole purpose of this trip, is to buy long clothes.

She beamed at me. "Yay shopping spree, I'll come"

I shook my head in disgust. "Save yourself. We're shopping for big and long clothes, so I actually don't look like a slut"

She wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Oh no, I'm afraid I can't come, I have a dentist appointment for my braces"

She immediately scolded herself for the lie she told.

I gave her a pointed look. "Honey, you don't have braces"

She smiled and laughed. "I don't? I don't. Of course I don't. I'm getting them put on tomorrow"

I raised my brow innocently. "Oh really? Can't wait for Monday to see them on you"

Her smile dropped and she gave me a sympathy look. "Fine, I'm not getting braces. I just can't stand to see you suffer like that"

How thoughtful of her. She turns the story right around.

"Well I gotta go" I half smiled. "See you on Monday"

She returned my half smile. "See you Monday, talk to you after school"

I shut my laptop and switched on my television.

I grabbed a few snacks and layed on my bed switching on Netflix. I continued watching gossip girl, the last episode of season 5.

**

I debated whether to keep watching gossip girl or have dinner. I had successfully watched 5 episodes. Chuck and Blair were annoying the hell out of me. Why dont they just get together? Chuck likes Blair but Blair doesnt like Chuck. Then Blair likes Chuck but Chuck doesn't like Blair. And the process repeats.

I checked the time and it showed 6:47. I scowled at the clock and stood up.

I padded down the marble floors down the stairs towards the kitchen.

I glanced out the window and mom's and dad's car weren't parked. As per usual.

I sighed and rummaged through the fridge grabbing a salad and plopping it down on the counter.

I sat in silence and ate my salad. This isn't the first time I've had to do this before. I'd be surprised if they finally came home for a dinner. It isn't uncomfortable at all. Sure it would be nice to have parents home and be able to talk to them. But like they said. They have to work. And there's nothing I can do about that.

Suddenly the doorbell rang making me flinch from the sudden noise. I opened the door to be greeted with Ana. She's about 60 years old and has blue eyes and grey hair. She was wearing a long dress with flower designs.

Ana is my next door neighbor, although she acts like a grandmother to me. I've pretty much known her my whole life and she has a special place in my heart. She knows how my mother and father work all of the time so she sometimes comes in to check on me.

She beamed at me. It was hard not to smile, it was contagious.

"Ana" I hug her.

"Lana, it's lovely to see you" she hugged me and walked in and sat on a chair at the island bench.

She stared at my dinner and frowned giving my shoulder a sympathetic squeeze. "I hate seeing you like this. There's always one spot left at our dinner table" she reminded me.

Ana hates the way I eat alone so she wants me to eat at their house. But I can't because it's their family. I'd basically be an intruder.

I shook my head at her. "I'm fine here" I smiled.

She handed me a basket full of choc chip cookies. "Anyway I came here to bring these for you-" she gave me a kiss on the cheek "- I'll see you later" she called over her shoulder.

"Ana your the best" I yelled back to het staring at the delicious goods.

"Yeah I know" she called back and left my house.

And then there was one..

**

I threw my quilt down at the alarming sound of my ringtone.

I huffed and grabbed my phone answering. "You better have something important to say to wake me up this early on a Saturday morning or I swear to god I will cut off your balls and make you eat them" I growled into the phone assuming it's a boy.

Luke chuckled on the other end. "Good morning sunshine"

"This is when you tell me something life changing for having to wake me up this early" I pointed out.

"It's 7 am, that's not early. And get up and change cause we're going shopping-" there was loud honk outside.

"That better not be you" I mumbled and walked to my window opening my curtain. And it sure was. Luke was sitting in a red Mercedes with the roof down. He wore sunglasses and his hair was slicked back. He smiled and gave me a nod.

I rolled my eyes and shut the curtain.

"Be ready in 10" he spoke.

"Stuff you" I cursed and ended the call.

Sighing I went into my bathroom and had a shower, making sure to shave my legs and wash my face. I stared at my reflection. My hair was wet from the shower and my ordinary blue eyes stared back at me.

I quickly put my hair in a side fishtail and put on mascara. It's a Saturday and I seriously can't be stuffed.

I went to my walk in robe and chose an outfit. It was meant to be thirty degrees today. It's not even summer yet, we're currently in the middle of Spring. Yet I'm a summer baby and I love summer. Although the thought of a cold and rainy day and sitting by the fire does sound appalling. Though the idea of a hot day, shirt clothes, sunglasses and beaches sounds much better.

I unplugged my phone from my charger and it was on fifty percent, lucky me. Surprisingly I had taken fifteen minutes. Suddenly a call popped up on my screen. It was from Luke. I wore a mischievous grin as I declined the call. He can wait another ten minutes.

I looked around my room and took my time to make up my bed and fold the clothes. I opened the curtains and saw Luke repeatedly pressing a button on his phone. He notices I was staring at him from my window as he pointed to his watch and mouthed words.

"What?" I mouthed.

He mouthed something else and I nodded and waved.

I walked slowly downstairs and went to the kitchen deciding what to eat. My parents weren't home again. Yeah, they work on a Saturday, how crazy.

After five minutes I grabbed a pack of belvita biscuits and a cup of coffee and made my way outside putting on my sunglasses.

Immediately as I stepped outside warmth surrounded me. Definitely a beach day.

I made my way to his car as he gave me a look. I walked around to the other side and flung my bag inside. "What?" I asked innocently.

"I said ten minutes, that was thirty minutes" he started the car as I got in.

I shrugged. "Oops, must of lost track of time"

He shook his head in amusement and drove to the mall.

(A/N)
Thoughts on the chapter? Lana' s new neighbour? And Luke and Lana?

Remeber to comment and vote.
Updating soon.
~ Ashley