Chapter 6: Detention

-The Great Hall, the same day-

By the dinner the whole school already knew about Danny's act during DADA. People were throwing him glances, and his enhanced hearing caught parts of dialogs there and there.

"He says that Cedric Diggory was murdered..."

"Come off it..."

"Does he really believe what Potter tells?"

"Ya know, he actually got the point..."

At the last sentence Danny smiled. That's what he tried to achieve. Suddenly, bird's scream was heard. That was unusual, since the mail arrived only at the morning. From the special hole under the roof a blue creature flew inside. When everyone looked closely, they were shocked at the sight of Phoenix. In it's claws it was carrying some paper box. The bird then landed on Danny's shoulder.

"Hey, girl, how was your flight here?" He asked, stroking under phoenix's beak. She gave him the box with the letter attached to it.

'Dear Daniel,

I already know about your agreement with Weasleys, so I sent berries ahead. As for Dolores, don't step across the line. You can use other ways to achieve your target.

P.S. Your act during lesson was highly amusing.

Eternal luck,

Clockwork'

Danny smiled, it's nice to have a father with a future sight. Phantom gave some food for hungry bird, which it gladly accepted. She then flew back home. Danny made his way to Griffindor table, searching for two redheads. It didn't take long. They were currently making some unknown stuff, which made an unusual smell. Other Griffindors narrowed their eyes in suspicion.

"Hey guys!" He greeted the twins. It caught their attention immediately.

"Oh, hello, Danny," they said in unison, "What brings you here to our humble table?" Asked Fred, or was it George?

"I have a little present for you," Phantom put the box on the table and opened it, revealing it's contents. There was a lot of little berries, they had crimson color and were emitting slight glow.

"Are those..."

"Yep. You can make a new candies for your collection. Be warned, this is alcoholic"

-Later in Griffindor tower-

"How can Dumbledore have let this happen?" Hermione cried suddenly, making Harry and Ron jump; Crookshanks leapt off her, looking affronted. She pounded the arms of her chair in fury, so that bits of stuffing leaked out of the holes. 'How can he let that terrible woman teach us? And in our OWL year, too!'

"Well, we've never had great Defence Against the Dark Arts teachers, have we?" said Harry, "You know what it's like, Hagrid told us, nobody wants the job; they say it's jinxed"

"Yes, but to employ someone who's actually refusing to let us do magic! What's Dumbledore playing at?"

"And she's trying to get people to spy for her," said Ron darkly.

"Remember when she said she wanted us to come and tell her if we hear anyone saying You-Know-Who's back?"

"Of course she's here to spy on us all, that's obvious, why else would Fudge have wanted her to come?" snapped Hermione.

Fred, George and Lee Jordan were now sitting at the centre of a knot of innocent-looking first-years, all of whom were chewing something that seemed to have come out of a large paper bag that Fred was holding.