Chapter 8: Surprise

Grinning widely Danny knocked on the door of Umbridge's office. "Come in," sounded from the other side. He walked inside.

"Sit down, Mr. Work," she said gesturing to the seat. All sweetness in her tone was gone.

"Ya know, I was wondering about something," Phantom said, sitting on the chair.

"And that will be?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Do you have any private life? All you do is sitting here half of the day on detentions..."

"You are NOT ditching it!"

"Wasn't planning to. But as for others..." Danny took out five photos, showing wounded wrists with writings on them.

"I will put it as bluntly as possible. STOP torturing children or..." He smirked.

"Or the whole British Wizarding World will know that Ministry official cuts kids open," Dolores paled, then she burned pictures with quick 'Incendio'. But smirk wasn't gone.

"I take it as no? Well, I still have copies" Danny said last sentence in singsong voice.

"Fine," Umbridge said through gritted teeth,"but you are staying here!"

"Again, wasn't planning to"

-Lllateeerr-

The morning of the Hogsmeade visit dawned bright but windy. Alter breakfast students queued up in front of Filch, who matched their names to the long list of students who had permission from their parents or guardian to visit the village. Again, Clockwork sent permission ahead. Danny came straight to his comrades, who were standing near the entrance.

"We have an hour before meeting," Phantom whispered,"where will we go until then?"

"Oh, we know one place..." said Fred.

"Zonko's joke shop," finished his brother.

Hogsmeade was a lovely place. Danny wondered if every wizards' settlement was like that. First Diagon Alley, now that. This village is very lively. It looked like a Christmas card; the little thatched cottages and shops were standing in rows; there were holly wreaths on the doors and strings of enchanted candles hanging in the trees. The UGH members went to the shop, painted in bright red colors.

Inside were all types of pranking stuff, such as Dungbombs, Hiccough Sweets, Frog Spawn Soap, Sugar Quills, Nose-Biting Teacups and many other things Danny couldn't identify. He let the experts handle the choice, being just an observer. After some time, the group walked out with paper boxes in their hands, making way to Hog's head. A battered wooden sign hung from a rusty bracket over the door, with a picture on it of a wild boar's severed head, leaking blood on to the white cloth around it. The sign creaked in the wind as they approached. All four of them hesitated outside the door.

"Wow, scary," said Lee. Danny shrugged.

"I have seen more creepy places," he responded.

The Hog's Head bar comprised one small, dingy and very dirty room that smelled strongly of something that might have been goats. The bay windows were so encrusted with grime that very little daylight could permeate the room, which was lit instead with the stubs of candles sitting on rough wooden tables. The floor seemed at first glance to be compressed earth.

There was a lot of people inside. Twenty two students, excluding so called 'Golden Trio'. Between ones Danny recognized were Neville Longbottom, Ginny, Luna Lovegood, who looked like she walked here by accident with her look far away. Phantom sadly admitted to himself that he was the only Slytherin in the room. He then noticed barman.