Chapter 21: Phantom against Dark Lord

"Where is Bellatrix?" Danny asked. Everyone looked around, searching for her, "Oh, no, I wouldn't let her escape so easily," he said, evaporating in black smoke.

Bellatrix was almost at the telephone lift at the other end of the Entrance hall, but she looked back as he sprinted towards her and aimed another spell at him. Danny just lazily dodged.

"You cannot win against me!" she cried, shooting another spell.

"I was and am the Dark Lord's most loyal servant. I learned the Dark Arts from him, and I know spells of such power that you, pathetic little boy, can never hope to compete..."

"Oh, shut up already!" Danny shouted, sending ectoblast right above her head. She flinched, it looked like he just shot Killing curse at her, "do you really think, that your pathetic light show can do anything? Plus, your dear old mate Voldemort is not going to be happy with you, is he?"

"What? What do you mean?" she cried, and for the first time there was fear in her voice. Danny shrugged.

"The prophecy now is just a pile of shattered glass," he smirked.

"LIAR!" she shrieked, but he could hear the terror behind the anger now, "YOU'VE GOT IT, AND YOU WILL GIVE IT TO ME! Accio prophecy! ACCIO PROPHECY!"

Danny laughed again because he knew it's pointless.

"Nothing there!" he shouted, "Nothing to summon! It smashed and nobody heard what it said, tell your boss that!"

"No!" she screamed, "It isn't true, you're lying! MASTER, I TRIED, I TRIED...DO NOT PUNISH ME"

"Don't waste your breath!" yelled Danny, his eyes gleaming, "He can't hear you from here!"

"Can't I?" said a high, cold voice.

Tall, thin and black-hooded, his ugly snakelike face white and gaunt, his scarlet, slit-pupilled eyes staring ... Lord Voldemort had appeared in the middle of the hall, his wand pointing at Danny.

"So, you smashed my prophecy?" said Voldemort softly, staring at him.

"Nope, Harry did it," Danny grinned.

"Master, I am sorry, I knew not, I was fighting the Animagus Black!" sobbed Bellatrix, flinging herself down at Voldemort's feet as he paced slowly nearer, "Master, you should know..."

"Be quiet, Bella," said Voldemort dangerously, "I shall deal with you in a moment. Do you think I have entered the Ministry of Magic to hear your snivelling apologies?"

"Which was stupid, by the way, snake face"

"I have nothing more to say to you, Work," he said quietly, "You have irked me for too long. AVADA KEDAVRA!"

This time Danny was prepared. He simply sidestepped it. He was laughing at Voldemort's surprised face.

"Is that all you can?"

Voldemort raised his wand and another jet of green light streaked at Phantom, who turned and was gone in a whirling of his cape. Next second, he had reappeared behind Voldemort, trying to blast him, but to no avail.

"It was really foolish to come here tonight, Tommy," Danny teased, "The Aurors are on their way..."

"By which time I shall be gone, and you will be dead!" spat Voldemort. He sent another killing curse at him but missed, instead hitting the security guard's desk, which burst into flame.

"I'm immortal, Tommy, you can't kill me!" He laughed, dissapearing again. Now Dark Lord was furious, immortality was something he tried to achieve all his life!