Chapter 10: Newest hobby

It was loud in the Slytherin dungeons that morning. People were preparing for today's Quidditch match. And against Griffindor, no less. Danny had a dilemma. He wanted to support his friends, but then he will be labeled as traitor in his own house. The same with another way around. Phantom noticed that some of his housemates were wearing crown shaped badges 'Weasley is our king'. He chuckled, Ron isn't the only king here.

He was now going to breakfast, meeting Luna by the way. Danny blinked in surprise, she had managed to procure a hat shaped like a life-size lion's head, which was perched precariously on her head.

"I'm supporting Gryffindor," said Luna, pointing unnecessarily at her hat, "Look what it does ..."

She reached up and tapped the hat with her wand. It opened its mouth wide and gave an extremely realistic roar that made everyone in the vicinity jump.

"Are you sure it's healthy, wearing so much weight on your head?" Danny asked.

"No, it's not heavy. It's good, isn't it?" said Luna happily, "I wanted to have it chewing up a serpent to represent Slytherin, you know, but there wasn't time. I hope you don't mind, being in Slytherin and all..."

"Nah, it's fine. Hey, every house has own seats, right?" Luna nodded, "May I sit with you?"

"You don't want to offend anyone?"

"Yep," Danny said popping 'p', making her to laugh maybe too hard.

But destiny had other plans. Professor McGonagall approached him at the table and asked Danny to come with her.

"Professor, is something wrong?"

"Mr.Work, would you like to be a comementator?"

-Llateer-

After breakfast Danny and Luna went together to the Qudditch pitch. It had the shape of an oval, five hundred feet long and a hundred and eighty feet wide, with a small central circle of approximately two feet in diameter. Hundreds of seats were raised in stands around the pitch so the spectators were high enough to see what was going on. At either end of the pitch were golden poles with hoops on the end. They then parted ways, as Danny went to the Professor's seats where commentator sat.

"Captains, shake hands," ordered the referee Madam Hooch, as Angelina and Montague reached each other. "Mount your brooms ..."

Madam Hooch placed her whistle in her mouth and blew.

The balls were released and the fourteen players shot upwards. Out of the corner of his eye Harry saw Ron streak off towards the goalhoops. Harry zoomed higher, dodging a Bludger, and set off on a wide lap of the pitch, gazing around for a glint of gold; on the other side of the stadium, Draco Malfoy was doing exactly the same.

"And it's Johnson...Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, give me your number..."

"WORK!" Yelled Professor McGonagall.

"...I'm just kidding, Professor! Need to add a bit of interest...and she's ducked Warrington, she's passed Montague, she's...Ancients, that hurts...hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe...Montague catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and...nice present there from George Weasley, that's a Bludger to the head for Montague, he drops the Quaffle, caught by Katie Bell, Katie Bell of Gryffindor reverse-passes to Alicia Spinnet and Spinnet's away..."

Danny's commentary rang through the stadium and Harry listened as hard as he could through the wind whistling in his ears and the din of the crowd, all yelling and booing and singing.

"...dodges Warrington, avoids a Bludger, ouch, that's close, Alicia...and the crowd are loving this, just listen to them. Hey, how fella like me is supposed to comment here?"