(2)Coffee and Hangovers

Xander did not know how he got here.
When he got here.
Or what was here.

But he did know one thing.

It was super warm.

"You're finally awake"

He looked to the females voice, Rebecca Doland, second year of university, majoring in criminal justice.

She handed him a bottle of water and sat down on the recliner reading her book. A silence came on them, the music from her headphones the only other sound. It sounded like rock and was blasting in her ears. The last night was a blur but he did remember a blurred night and carring someone.

He turned to look at the figure beside him, Samuel Shalvan, another second year and majoring in arcitechture.

He took a closer look at his curly hair, a dark brown, then he looked at his orange sweater riding on his waist shaping his figure, his toned structure, and-

"Would you stop checking him out."

He turned to her voice and was still looking at the book. He realized the fact that she had not turned the page in the last five minutes.

"I wasn't checking him-" he choked out. Really he wasn't, he just looked familiar, oddly familiar.

"Yeah yeah Mr football jokey" she chuckled to herself "Just know that you need to slow yourself down."

He started to stutter to a reasonable reason when he heard a noise from beside him on the couch him.

Beside him Samuel groaned "what time is it?"

"fucking late" Rebecca replied, dropping the conversation "give him that over there" she said nodding to the water bottle on the table between them.

He grabbed the drink and turned to give it to Samuel next to him. Samuel looked at him in the shadow of his bangs as he opened it. He took note of Samuel's hazel eyes, brighter than his dull brown ones. His memory remebered those eyes, he just couldn't place it.

Rebecca threw her book at them murmuring something. She glared at both the of them with a force to pierce souls.

Samuel rubbed his head and threw a pillow on the couch at her in response, taking the water bottle he gulped it down.

Rebecca got up throwing the pillow on the floor, opening the curtains on the winter morning, the bright light filtered in front of the front panel. He winced at the bright winter light.

She flickered to the channels until the she settled on one. Rebecca sipped the coffee in her cup while the other two drank their water. After two episodes, she got up and put her cup in the sink.

"you can stay as long as you want to" she said walking up the stairs to her room "but remember to leave" She chuckled.

The sound of a door closing after the end of her sentence. Xander got up to the dishes in the dishwasher. His headache fading now, he could get up without a lot of a problem and he thought should do something for them.

Though Samuel insisted on helping him when he tried to do anything else, sometimes refusing the offer to even do the simplest things.

As Xander tried to reach something on the upper shelves he stretched. The slightly short football player had his tee riding up on his stomach.

Samuel, from behind, reached to grab it for the man.

"looked like you needed help with that" he said with a cheeky grin.

Xander reddend and looked the other way rubbing his neck. He murmured a thanks and continued on what he was doing.

A little later he turned to Samuel in the living room to see him punching a pillow.

~

He walked outside in the chill air, he was not too far from his dorm, he watched his breath turn into a puffy cloud. He turned to the house and smiled to himself. A thought came to his mind, and his smile became a bit wider.

He walked to the buildings against the grey sky.

----

A muscular man stepped out of a jail cell. Two officers by his side as he made a snark remark. The two by his side remained expressionless, they knew they weren't dealing with your average criminal. He had black hair and Asian eyes, and a tall stature in comparison to his son, one he hadn't ever gotten to know. 

He was given his clothes, the same ones he had arrived with the day he decided to do the inside job himself. He smirked,

he was back baby.

Hey there, enjoying the story? It would mean a lot to me if you voted or commented your opinions. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated and motivates me to do better.

-Mewoon