(10)Indebted

Oliver walked into his house. His mother was there early in the night. She usually came in at 2 am, sometimes even later. The lights were on and his mother had the table made. She was about to ask him something.

She was the victim, she always was, and it wasn't her fault. He didn't know if he believed it anymore, his father was the one who decided to fuck their lives up but it was his mother who kept it that way. She had it so that she kept the job that she "loved". She was the one who never raised him. Instead she rose up the ranks and raised girls to do whatever the men told them to do.

He knew what she did, he knew for a long time, and he knew she wasn't ashamed of it.

"baby, come sit down with mommy" his mother gestured to the seat across from her. There was a plate of steaming food.

He walked over and looked down. Sitting he poked at his plate.

"You're doing good sunshine? Your friend- Leo, he's doing good right?'

There was no response.

"He is working at the store down the road right?" She looked his straight in the eye, she knew what she was implying "You should tell him be careful. The place is near some very dangerous people"

"Mom leave him out of this"

She smirked, her face was without wrinkles "that caught your attention" He felt it was the corruption that kept her young. "A superior has asked me a favor"

"so what" His plate was untouched "that has nothing to do with me"

"sweetie-"

"which one of your bitches made this?" he got up "you haven't done shit for me till now, so why are you telling me this?" He knew why.

His mother grabbed his wrist, her nails dug into his skin "sit down." She held his hands "You know that I love you"

He nodded, he was being treated like a baby.

"she needs you to do something for her"

"yes.."

She released his hands, he pulled away quickly "It's nothing big, you just have to look for someone"

She pulled a picture out and slid it across the table. It was a young man with black hair. He was Chinese and had a muscular body structure. His mother gave him a folder, inside was more pictures. He looked familiar.

"If you see him they just want you to call me, tell me where you saw him and when" She gave him a fake smile "That's it honey- you don't have to anything big"

His mother looked at him with hopeful eyes. He retreated back and started towards his room. He had the picture in his hand. 

"Oliver" He didn't look back but he stopped "I'm keeping Liam out of this" 

He closed his eyes "I know that you care about him Ollie" 

He ran to his room and shut his door. He could feel himself suffocating. The picture was discarded on the floor as he curled himself into a ball. There was no lights on and the heat was broken. Cold seeped into his bones as he put his heads over his hands.

-----

"Ms. Hill called boss"

He turned to his worker "she did what I asked her to?"

They nodded.

"good."

Hey there, enjoying the story? It would mean a lot to me if you voted or commented you opinions. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated and motivates me to do better.

-Mewoon