(3)Pillows are Not Punching Bags

It was warm.
Samuel could stay like this all day.

Until he felt the pulse in his head. He couldn't remember anything.

"what time is it?~" he rubbed it tenderly, the pulsing definitely not going away.

"too fucking late" Rebecca said.

He kept his eyes closed untill he heard something along the lines of Xander.

What? Xander, Xander... Xander?

Samuel turned, and as he suspected he saw Xander Huang beside him. He felt his heart beat faster. The football player who had stolen his heart since the beginning of the year had discarded his jersey to his end of the couch and was wearing a tight black tee that shaped his muscles li-

Then Rebecca threw a book at him.

In response he threw the pillow he was lying on.

He grabbed the bottled water from Xander and rubbed his head from the impact. At least now his headache was not the only thing he had to think about. More of the lack of at the moment.

Rebecca got up and the pillow fell to the floor, after opening the curtains she turned the TV on. Samuel sneaked another peak at Xander, the sun of the winter morning was golden against his skin, his hair looked a golden brown rather than his usual black and his eyes glowed.

He heard a snort from Rabbeca he quickly turned to face her. She was snorting at the show they were watching. He totally knew that.

He got more comfortable on the couch, sneaking looks at Xander every so often.

Rebecca got up and went to her room and Xander went to put the dishes in the dishwasher. He tried to reach for the top of the shelf to put a dish away. Samuel decided to do it for him.

He heard Xander mutter a thank you. The guy was way too nice for words.

He would make a great boyfriend.

The thought made Samuel sigh, he was probably not into guys either way, he walked to the couch. Pinning after a dude for more than a year without did some things to you for sure. His heart felt a pang of saddness.

He mauled the other pillow next to him in frustration.

"you really don't like that pillow do you?"

Samuel looked up from the middle of choking the pillow and saw Xander drying his hands with the rags that Rebecca kept in the kitchen when either of them spilled something.

"I-er," He had to think of something, anything he looked at Xander for a few moments.

Those eyes were beautiful

"I guess so"

He screamed in agony, why now did his brain have to stop working? He almost gave up on the situation until he saw Xander smiling.

"Sorry shit like that happens, my brain happens to leave out the back door"

He laughed, against the cloudy winter afternoon he glowed. There was nothing else to do but laugh along in the atmosphere. Samuel fell a little more in love.

~~~

It was hours after night, Samuel was asleep and Rebecca was in her room. Xander was at his dorm without an important something. The sky outside was pitch black.

A phone with a blue case rang between the couch cushions lighting up the dark room. The sound was muffled and the screen read "Dad".

The phone rang again and again.

The caller didn't leave a voicemail.

Hey there, enjoying the story? It would mean a lot to me if you voted or commented you opinions. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated and motivates me to do better.

-Mewoon