Road Trip - Chapter Nine

[WTF? ANOTHER CHAPTER? Oh my god, you guys totally deserve it for being awesome. Don't forget to show me your appreciation by voting and commenting as you read along! I've been waiting for this chapter for a long time, so YA'LL BETTER COMMENT OR I'M LETTING EVERYONE DIE IN A FIRE.]

[Derek's Point Of View]

I knocked on the door hoping that anyone answered but my dad. He was most likely at work, since it was pretty late and he had a night shift. The lights in the house were on, so I knew someone was home.

After a minute, someone rattled the doorknob and struggled to open it. I leaned against one of the porch's post and smirked because I knew exactly who it was. The only thirteen year old who lived in a house for a couple of years and still couldn't tell the difference between left and right.

"HELP!" Molly said from the other side of the door.

"You forgot to unlock it," a woman said.

My dad's wife opened the door and Molly shot out when she saw me, jumping into my arms and planting a dozen kisses all over my face. I returned the love and she giggled happily.

She wrapped her hands around my neck and squeezed. "Molly, you're squeezing my neck."

"I know," she whispered in my ear. "I'm trying to kill you for not visiting me."

"Hi, Derek. How have you been?" said Linda, smiling her pearly whites.

"Good, and yourself?" I said despite being choked.

"Very good, thank you. Are you hungry? Come in."

I lifted Molly so I could walk and still let her try to slowly suffocate me, even though her hands were tiny and weak. She got tired eventually and let go, pretending like she just lifted some heavy weights.

Linda closed the door behind us and told me my dad was at work, which I guessed right, thank God. I didn't completely hate my dad, but I'd rather just not. I was here to see Molly and that was it.

"Weren't you supposed to be on a road trip?" Molly asked as she took me to the living room.

"Taking a break from it," I told her.

"Want to see this story I'm writing for school?" she asked, sitting down on the long sofa behind the front window that gave you a clear view of the front yard and the porch. She picked up a notebook from the coffee table and flipped through the pages.

"Sure."

"Derek, honey?"

I looked up at Linda who peaking through the kitchen window.

"Yeah?"

"Want something to eat?"

"Oh, no thank you."

"You should eat," Molly muttered, tapping my stomach with a pencil.

"You should tell me what this story is about," I said, trying to grab the notebook but she pulled away.

"It's a story for my English class called Where Is Molly?" She showed me a cover design she drew with the title drawn comically and a little girl looking lost at the bottom. "It's a mystery story about a little girl who people think got lost but actually she was kidnapped by a stupid hoe."

"What?"

"Yeah, we are supposed to use our classmates as the characters in the book. And there is this girl I don't like because she's mean for no reason, so I made her the villain."