Road Trip - Chapter Eleven

[OMG. I've been waiting for this chapter for so long. I DON'T NEED TO REMIND YOU GUYS TO VOTE AND COMMENT. You're welcome for TWO chapters today <3 Enjoy. Vote. Comment. ALSO I've added a photo of what Dakota looks like in my head. What do you think of him?]

[Derek's Point Of View]

"This is pretty nice for a studio apartment," I said as I walked inside Dakota's place. It was very small but the way he furnished it and just the layout made it look like a billion dollar studio apartment. To the left was his bed, right in front of the front door, where he would be first killed if someone broke in. A little further was his desk with a laptop. Then there was a little couch that could fit two people. And all the way at the end of the (upside down)L shaped apartment was the bathroom. If you made a right at the end, you were in the kitchen.

"Just sit anywhere while you wait for me and don't touch anything!"

I walked over to the couch while he ran into his bathroom and sat down, facing the television on the wall. I wondered how much a place like this would cost. Definitely had to be less than my place. I should look into apartments like this so I could save more money, since I didn't need all the space I had in mine.

"That's where you'll be sleeping tonight," Dakota said from inside the bathroom.

"What?"

"No more sketchy motels for you."

I had been sleeping in a motel for the past week, but it wasn't sketchy. Expensive? Yes. It was worth it since I got to hang out with Molly everyday since her spring break now started and I had Dakota to have fun with at night when we just went to bars and talked and got drunk.

"As much as I'd love to sleep on this totally comfortable couch, I don't wanna bother you, it's okay, I'll risk the sketchy motel," I said.

Dakota opened the bathroom door just so I could see him roll his eyes. "That couch also turns into a magical bed, idiot."

"I don't know."

"Dude, it's fine. You won't bother me and I'll be saving you some bucks."

"Alright, sure. Should I go get my things now?"

"Nah, we're gonna be late to the party and the Uber should be here any second."

"Promise me you'll tell me when you get tired of me and want to kick me out."

He ran out of the bathroom, putting on a new jacket and rolling his eyes some more. At this point his eyes were just gonna roll out of his sockets and onto the floor.

"I promise."

"Good."

"I promise only if you talk to me about your boy problems."

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. "Are you one of those people that constantly has the urge to fix people's lives?"

"No, I just want to get to know you more."

"Then ask about me, not my relationships."

"Okay. Then while we wait for the desperate honk of the Uber driver, do you have an embarrassing second name?" he asked as he sat next to me on the tiny couch, pressing up against my sides but looking very pleased with himself.

"Uh, Joseph."

"Derek Joseph?"

"Yes, and I don't tell people that so you better have that proud smile on your face."