1. By light of Fire

Bellamy:

He strolled through the trees, and overwhelming sense of calm coming over him as he lostened to the earth beneath his feet and felt the breeze against his cheek. He felt free.

It was the afternoon and many of the 100 had gone off or had finally settled down near or around the dropship.

He was just thinking about how nice the quiet was - not missing the machine hum one bit - when someone screamed. He turned toward the cutting sound, immediately running up the hill to his left where he found a young girl curled up beneath a tree, screaming and crying in her sleep.

"No!" She cried and Bellamy shook her gently.

"Hey! Hey, it's just a dream." He said desperately and she jolted awake, sitting up and shrinking away from him. "It's okay, I won't hurt you." Bellamy said softly but her blue eyes were wide with distrust.

"You're not nice." She whispered and Bellamy frowned, suddenly realising that she had been with Clarke when he'd told her to piss off to get supplies. Bellamy shrugged.

"She deserved it." He sighed, sitting beside her, his back against the tree.

"How did she deserve it?" The girl asked quietly, her head down and Bellamy scoffed - where did he begin?

"She's privileged, upper class. 'Better than me'. Than all of us. You saw the way she instantly started barking orders, like she owns the place. I'm tired of being cast out." He said plainly and the girl frowned.

"But she was nothing but nice to me. You dont even know her-"

"Yes and I don't ever want to." He snapped, feeling bad when he saw the sadness in her eyes, and suddenly she looked like Octavia when she was little. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Jay." She whispered.

"I'm Bellamy. What were you dreaming about?" He asked and a tear fell down her cheek which she hastily wiped away

"My parents. They were floated. I hit a guard. That's why I'm here." She said with a sniff and Bellamy tensed.

"My parents were floated too, my dad for who knows what, and my mum for having a second child. This is why I hate people like her so much." Bellamy spat, meaning Clarke. They always get their way, not caring who gets hurt in the process.

They were silent for a moment longer when suddenly something in Jay's pocket began to crackle. She jumped and Bellamy sat up as she pulled out a radio and a voice came through it in between static.

"Hello? Is...Is someone there? We need help!"

Bellamy grabbed the radio, "Who is this?" He asked, heart pounding, his mind instantly going to his sister!

"It's Jasper!" He said, "we've got the supplies but it's Octavia-"

He was going to say more but Bellamy cut him off, "tell me exactly where you are!"

...

He set off as soon as he'd salvaged some supplies from the ship, a group of willing volunteers following behind him. He'd taken Jay's radio and made her stay behind and again her anger had reminded him of O.

His mind was racing as they trudged through the forest. why didn't I go with them? I'm only down here to keep O safe, what a great job I'm doing - letting her go wandering off with two skinny losers and Clarke!

He picked up the pace but the sun was hanging low in the sky when he and his group finally reached the cliff, each of them carrying various supplies.