5. Swimming Lesson

Bellamy

It had been a few weeks since Clarke had sat by him on the hill, and he had confessed his murder. It might not have been so long...maybe it had been longer...time was difficult to judge on the ground.

The Wall was slowly getting built, Bellamy had managed to rally up enough people to get the job done and he and Clarke were speaking. He still had the sense to be wary of her though. There was something off about her and she still stood for every horrid thing the upper class did to the lower class. His class.

Maybe she stands for more than that. A voice in the back of his head would sometimes whisper. He'd crush and ignore it. Simply because they had found a way of being civil and were working together, did not mean they liked each other. At all.

"Bellamy?"

Speak of the devil.

Bellamy turned to see Clarke stumbling towards him, well he could see a box with legs. The only way he knew it was Clarke, was because he had recognised her voice.

She was hobbling over the uneven ground, the box heavy in her small arms. People were jumping out of her way, asking to help but she was shaking them off.

Bellamy smirked, walking over to her, enjoying the sight of her struggling.

"Bellamy?" She said again, her head popping around the side of the box. He whipped the amused grin from his lips - but not quick enough. Her face disapeared behind the box but he could practically feel her glaring at him through it.

"Need some help with that?" He asked as they came to a stop in front of one another. She didn't reply but she began to teeter, as if ready to fall so Bellamy reached out and relieved her arms of the weight.

"I've got it-" she was saying, but gave up and let her arms fall to her sides.

"Don't worry, it's not really a job for a princess." Bellamy chuckled, holding the box to his chest. It was pretty heavy.

She rolled her eyes, rubbing her arms.

"Gonna tell me where you want it or should I just stand here?" Bellamy asked and Clarke started walking. He sighed and followed.

"Jasper and Monty offered to look through it. Their tent's just up here." Clarke said and Bellamy frowned down at its contents.

"What is all this crap?" He asked.

"Scraps from the dropship, what's left of the satellites, metal sheets, pieces of the chairs and seatbelts. I'm hoping they'll find some use for them." She said and Bellamy was nodding.

"Smart." He said without thinking. Clarke seemed to ignore him and eventually stopped walking, gesturing to the tent.

Bellamy placed the box just inside and turned to see Clarke was still standing there.

"So, what did you want me for then princess? More boxes to carry?" He asked, folding his arms.

"Yes but that's not why I've been looking for you." She sighed and Bellamy laughed.

"Do you go looking for me often?" He smirked and Clarke looked away. Bellamy paused. Had he just...was that almost...flirty? Hardly.

"Trying to avoid you most of the time actually, but our water supply is running low, there hasn't been rain for a couple days. I need to go find a water supply, some people have told me there is a river that way...others say there isn't...so I need someone to help me find it and carry the water back to camp." She smiled and gestured to Bellamy. That sounded like the most tedious job ever...and with Clarke?