15. Chaos

Bellamy:

Chaos was the only word for it.

The Ark landed safely enough but when he and Clarke arrived they found arkers desperately pulling people from the smouldering mess.

People were yelling, crying out, others laughing, children running around in disbelief while others cowered in fear and reproach.

Clarke announced herself formally and in the countenance of a woman much beyond her 18 years of age. Bellamy, impressed, followed suit and they led the 200 or so people to their camp.

Only more chaos ensued from then on.

Camp was rampant with immense expansion as Kane and the other adults reasserted themselves over the rebellious teens.

People worked non stop as their wall was taken down, supplies from their drop ships used to create a large fence extending around the area.

The guard patrolled with guns and the adults barked orders. Clarke was away in medical with her mother and Bellamy didn't suppose they'd had a minute to genuinely reunite as mother and daughter since the arkers had arrived.

Then, one day, as if things couldn't have been going much worse, Bellamy exited his tent to pure hysteria.

Guards were hurding people inside the large house-like structure that was still being built.

Bellamy hurried foward to demand to know what was going on, only to be shoved around in the panicked crowd of delinquents.

He searched fretfully for Clarke and saw her running over from the dropship, seemingly as confused and outraged as he was.

They did not meet however, as a guard smashed the but of his gun into Bellamy's ribs, knocking him over and shoving him inside with the others. "Bellamy Blake you are under arrest for murder." The guard grumbled before stuffing him inside the cell and closing the door.

Days seemed to waste away. He sat in agitation along with 20 other delinquents. They only had each other for company and the silent guards on shift.

Bellamy was astounded that their first building had been a prison! The adults were afraid, afraid of the out of control teenagers. Dangerous. That's all they were to them. Inconvenient.

Bellamy sought little comfort from the fact that Clarke was not trapped. He couldn't help but fear she would be thrown in soon, or that she was trapped some place else, possibly.

Then, one day, as the guards shifts changed, the new guard walked to the door and began to open it. The prisoners stirred restlessly. "Bellamy Blake. You have been pardoned for your crimes." He uttered indignantly and he entered the cell, dragging Bellamy out and snapping the door shut quickly.

Bellamy was thrown into the cold. Snow covered the ground but it was trodden on and muddied mostly around camp. He squinted at the brightness, confused and bewildered.

Someone grabbed his arm and he turned to see Clarke, her blue eyes shining. He allowed her to pull him around the back of the building, and to the edge of the camp wall.

"Clarke! What is going on? Are you alright?" He stammered as they came to a halt. He took her face in his hands and pushed back her hair, looking over for the relief of knowing she was unhurt. A darkness beneath her eyes told him that she'd had little sleep.

Clarke smiled and clasped his hands in hers. "Im fine but we should go. I will explain everything, just not here." She exlcaimed and once again they set off, slipping through a break in the fence.

Eventually, after a long walk, Clarke began looking about the ground. She pushed away some snow and smiled, lifting up some kind of trap door.

She grinned at Bellamy now and his heart calmed considerably. "You will never guess what I found." She beamed, heading down a case of marble steps.

They seemed to descend for far too long until they reached the bottom, in a wide open room which Bellamy could scarcely believe was underground.

It was a house, of sorts. They stood in a wide open living room, with white walls and blue sofas. There was a small grey kitchen tucked away in the corner and a hall at the back where there were more doors leading to further rooms.

Clarke exhaled and flopped onto the sofa, gesturing for Bellamy to do the same. He sat, and all was silent a moment as he took it all in.

"Would you like to tell me what I've missed out on?" Bellamy asked eventually and Clarke smiled, nodding.

"The council has been meeting, my mother has been informing me of their discussions. They were worried of what to do with the major criminals. They started locking them up before my mum had the chance to tell me. If I had known, Bellamy I-"

"It wasn't your fault" he said firmly, taking her hand and she smiled, colour rising in her cheeks. "So, why was I pardoned? What will they do with the other prisoners?"

"You were pardoned because I informed Jaha that without you, we would all be dead. It took some time and a little bit of begging to win him over but it worked. I haven't been able to learn much of their intended actions towards the others but I plan on seeing them all freed." She exclaimed hotly and Bellamy could have kissed her.

Instead, he laxly stroked her cheek to sooth her temper. "It'll be alright. We'll find a way." He said softly, "now, what of this place then? It seems the princess has found herself a nice, solitary palace." He smirked and she giggled.

"I had to get out of there. You were locked away, I wasn't succeeding in persuading either Jaha or my mother to set you free and I stumbled upon it on my walk. I stayed here all night.... It would be a nice place to hide the prisoners should we break them out..." she said quietly and Bellamy laughed lowly.

"It hopefully wont come to that." He chuckled and she laughed, shaking off the idea.

He pulled her to him then and settled down on the sofa with her beside him, her breathing steady. He kissed her forehead and assured her things would be okay soon, once everything had calmed down.

She looked up with wide blue eyes and Bellamy's lips found hers, connecting in a soft and tender kiss. They parted slightly and she nestled into his chest again.

He held her like that, breathing her in and gently stroking her hair from her face until she began to drift off to sleep. Something told him she desperately needed it.

He bundled her into his arms and stood slowly, heading down the back hall. He checked the last room and thankfully found a white bed with plump cushions and a soft cover.

He didn't bother marvelling at the wonderful sight but simply lay Clarke down in the centre gently, with the intention of searching for a room for himself.

As he slipped his arms out from beneath her and began to leave she made a tiresome groan and caught his arm.

When he looked at her, the look on her face bore no marks of a tired person. Her blue eyes shone wide and bright, her pale cheeks pink.

"Don't go." She whispered and Bellamy loosed a shaky breath. "Please. These past few nights...with you gone...trapped and alone I...I couldn't bear it. I...I can't lose you." She said softly, her lips trembling.

Bellamy shushed her gently, took her hand in his and settled down beside her, pulling her to him once more. She kissed his fingers and he could feel her shaking.

"I'm afraid." She whispered and his heart ached to see her so burdened.

"You? Afraid? I didn't think it possible." He said quietly, almost falling asleep himself, the bed beneath him a comfy cloud of heaven.

She laughed humourlessly and closed her eyes, snuggling closer to him. "I'm less afraid now that I'm here, with you." She said softly and Bellamy's eyes watered as he kissed her on the lips gently once more before following her on the way to a deep, much needed sleep.

AN: just some wholesome Bellarke after a stressful day of college 😁 hope y'all had a good day and thanks for reading x much love