It Couldn't Get Any Weirder.

Nick awoke with a start, his eyes widening with surprise when he saw the wild looking creature hovering over him.

Normally he would be extremely conscious of the fact that she was practically naked, with the exception of a piece of a fur pelt wrapped around her chest, and a slightly larger piece serving as a mini skirt, but he was distracted by the slim kitchen knife she was wielding in her hand.

"What the-!"

She cut him off by pressing the knife blade against his throat, and leaning close to his face, her eyes warning him that the danger in her voice was 100% real. "Scream and I'll slit your throat. Why did you bring me here?"

He slowly lifted his hands in surrender and replied. "Listen, I don't know who you are, or how you got into this house, but I swear I've never seen you before."

She frowned slightly, her eyes uncertain. Then she tilted her head slightly, as if listening to something.

Nick took this opportunity to get a good look at her. She looked to be around his age, with intense silver eyes, arching brows and prominent bone structure. Her skin was a deep caramel color, but it was her hair that caught his attention. Wild and unkempt, it cascaded off her head in thick waves that were almost curls.

He was interrupted in his observing when he noticed the dried blood on her arm, leading up onto her shoulder and disappearing under....his hoodie?

"You...you're not one of them." She said suddenly.

He raised his eyebrows. "Uh...no?"

She removed the knife from his throat and relaxed, sitting on his legs casually as she seemed to grow lost in thought, obviously not concerned with him anymore.

Nick cleared his throat slightly and shifted on the couch, moving her slightly as he sat up. She turned and glanced at him briefly before looking around the room.

He frowned as he couldn't help staring at her. How did she get in here? And how on earth did she get my sweatshirt? It was upstairs with the dog I hit last night...He suddenly asked. "Was that your dog?"

Her head turned to him quickly, her thick brows arching further in question. "My what?"

He gestured toward the stairs. "Your dog....that I hit last night."

Realization dawned on her face and she suddenly looked nervous about something. "No." then she stood up and hurled the knife into the kitchen, causing the blade to sink into one of the wooden cabinets a few inches. "I am going now." Then without saying anything else she limped to the door, pulled it open and walked out. Leaving a thoroughly confused Nick looking from the knife, to the door, and then to the stairs.

After he recovered somewhat, he jumped off the couch and hurried upstairs. His eyes widened in surprise when he saw the door to the bedroom was open, and the dog was nowhere to be seen. Had she put the dog outside before waking him up? Why had she taken his sweatshirt? And who the hell was she anyway?

He shook his head and decided it didn't matter, she was gone now, and there was nothing he could do about it. Although, he thought, she stole my sweatshirt. And how am I going to explain this to Violet?

Deciding to worry about that later, he returned downstairs, pulled the knife out of the cabinet, and began making pancakes and scrambled eggs.

Almost an hour later, the former quiet was broken by a loud yell and the sound of running feet. "Uuuuuuncle Niiiiiiick!"

He laughed as his nephew came streaking into the room, and tackled him around the waist. "Hey buddy! How's my favorite nephew?"

The small boy giggled and pushed a thick blonde lock of hair away from his striking blue eyes. "I'm your only nephew."