Nightmares.

As the truck pulled into Alejandro's driveway, Tala looked out the window and raised her eyebrows in admiration. "You have a very lavish residence."

Alejandro stepped out of the car and glanced at his house. "Yeah, guess that's what you get for having resort owners for parents." He turned to her as she stepped out of the car. "They're on an anniversary trip, been married for twenty years now."

Tala nodded. "I admire their commitment."

Alejandro laughed. "Yeah...all they really have to show for it though is some lame-ass son who likes to get into trouble and hang out with all the wrong people." The last part he directed at Nick with a wink.

"Yep, that's me, bad news. Go on and unlock the door."

As Alejandro moseyed through the pillared walkway leading to the front door, Nick turned to Tala. "I noticed you walking with a limp earlier, what's wrong with your leg?"

She shook her head. "A minor sprain, it'll heal soon enough."

Nick hurried over as she attempted to take a step. "Whoa, whoa! Slow down, it's never going to heal if you keep walking on it."

She steadied herself against the truck, and glared at him. "I'll be fine."

He crossed his arms stubbornly. "I'm not letting you walk on it."

She narrowed her eyes at him, and when it became evident that he wasn't going to budge, she curled her lip back and snarled, exposing lengthened canines as her silver eyes flashed with an unnatural shimmer.

He started in surprise and took an involuntary step back.

Tala walked around him, still glaring as she limped toward the front door. "I said, I'll be fine."

He let out a heavy sigh and shook his head as he turned and followed her into the house.

Having grown up with Alejandro, he had practically lived in the mansion, Tala however froze the minute she stepped into the entrance-way, staring in open-eyed awe at the vaulted ceilings and marble floors.

"Yeah, you get used to it after a little while." Nick said, strolling up beside her, hands in pockets.

"I've never...it's just so big."

He raised an eyebrow and glanced at her. "You've never seen a house this big before?"

She shrugged. "I haven't seen that many houses at all."

Before she could elaborate any further Alejandro appeared in a doorway and motioned them over. "Hey, come on in. We've got snacks in the kitchen if you're hungry. I'm going to go get one of the spare rooms ready."

Nick motioned for Tala to follow him. "Come on, I'll show you around." He walked into the kitchen, Tala trailing hesitantly after him.

The kitchen would've been better suited in a five star restaurant than in a house. Tala's eyes widened when Nick walked over and appeared to open an entire section of the wall, only to reveal the space served as a massive refrigerator.

Nick surveyed the contents for a moment, then glanced back at her. "What do you feel like eating?"

She limped over closer, and shivered as the chill air washed over her.

Nick hurriedly shut the doors, and turned to her. "Oh...you're probably cold just dressed in..." He glanced at her apparel, blushed fiercely and quickly averted his gaze with a nervous cough.

She raised one eyebrow, standing casually with one hand on her hip. "What's wrong with how I'm dressed?"

He shook his head, still avoiding looking at her directly. "Uh, nothing...it's just, um...a little...sparse."