It Got Weirder.

Nick rubbed his eyes, blinked several times, and looked back at the couch. Nope. He wasn't seeing things.

Alejandro put one hand on his hip and scrunched his face up, deep in thought. "Okay...so let me just get this out..." He turned to Nick. "You have a magic dog."

Nick shook his head. "I don't...it's not..."

Alejandro raised his eyebrows and gestured with both hands at the couch dramatically. "Um. Tada! Magic dog. Unless you have some less weird explanation as to why your dog just turned into a chick!"

Nick fidgeted for a moment or two, and then took a closer look at ...whatever it was on his couch. He frowned. "I don't believe it..."

Alejandro laughed. "You don't say? This sort of thing happens all the time, assure you, it's perfectly believable."

Nick rolled his eyes. "Shut up Al, not helping."

"Sorry."

"What I meant was...this is the crazy chick who scared the crap out of me this morning."

Alejandro stepped up beside his friend. "No waaaay! Dude, she's hot." He raised an eyebrow. "And practically naked...you failed to mention this, why?"

Nick growled in frustration, running his hands through his hair. "This...I don't...what the hell is going on?"

Both Alejandro and Nick jumped when the girl lying on the couch shifted. Her silver eyes were open, and her body stiffened as she spotted the two boys. Completely motionless, except for the gentle rise and fall of her chest, and her eyes, she stared at them.

Alejandro had both hands up in a defensive stance, Nick had his arms at his sides, watching her carefully.

"Dude, I think she heard you growl." Alejandro whispered.

Her eyes immediately shifted to him, and her lips curls back, baring her teeth as she let out a low snarl.

Alejandro's eyes widened, and he took a slow step back.

Nick carefully took a step forward, gaining the attention of the girl. "We're not going to hurt you." He said gently.

She glanced from him to Alejandro, then back at him.

"He's a friend."

She seemed to relax ever so slightly.

Nick, making his movements slow, crouched down in front of her. "How...how did you find me?"

"I tracked you." She said, her voice low, weak.

"How?"

"Smell."

Nick frowned. "The sweatshirt you took."

She nodded ever so slightly.

"Why did you find me?"

Her gaze darted to Alejandro for a moment before replying. "I...I need help. Somewhere safe to hide where I can heal."

"Who are you running from?"

She let out a low growl in Alejandro's direction, and he immediately backed up again.

"It's okay, he's harmless."

"It is none of your business who I am running from." She growled.

Alejandro looked indignant. "You want us to help you and keep you safe, but you won't even tell us from who?"

She winced and what little color was left in her cheeks drained away.

Nick swore under his breath and turned to Alejandro. "Go grab the first aid kit, it's in the hall bathroom, underneath the towel cabinet."