Well...ouch

Nick paced the room, brushing his fingers against his jeans every once and a while, glancing toward the door on impulse when he heard a noise.

Tala sat on the edge of a chair in Charles Ward's study, watching Nick pace. "You should try to calm down...I doubt being tense is going to make this any easier."

Nick glanced at her, his eyes clearly displaying the anxiety he was feeling. "I'm fine."

She rolled her eyes and leaned back in the chair, crossing her arms over her chest as she raised a skeptical eyebrow at him. "Sure. Now would you sit down before you wear a rut into the floor?"

Nick glanced at the door one last time before walking over and plopping down in the chair beside Tala's. He sat slumped against the cool leather, fingertips tapping out a nervous tempo against the armrest.

Tala sighed and stood up, nudging him slightly until he sat up, she slid into the seat behind him and began to rub his shoulders. "I know you're scared."

"I'm not s-"

"Oh shut up, you can't lie to me, remember?"

He sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Well can you blame me for being a bit nervous?"

Tala shook her head, trying to work the knots out of his muscles. "I don't blame you at all, Nick. I would be terrified if I was in your shoes. With everything you've learned these past weeks about Guardians...I can only imagine the burden you must feel."

Nick stared blankly into space, his mind skipping back to the past few weeks when he and Tala had first confronted Charles Ward about being a Mystic, and when he'd learned that he himself was a Guardian...sort of. Since then they'd been meeting or talking over the phone with Charles as he learned more about Guardians, and explained certain details of the procedure Nick would be going through to unlock his full Guardian abilities.

"So...it's a full moon tonight, right?" Nick asked, eager to distract himself.

Tala nodded. "Yes."

"Is...how does that affect you?"

Tala's hands stilled on his shoulders. "What do you mean?"

Nick shrugged slightly, a little disappointed she had stopped massaging his shoulders. It had felt really good. "I don't know...I know this is the only time that you can shift completely into a wolf, but does it affect you any other way?"

"Well..." Tala said, her voice hesitant. "Uh..."

Nick glanced over his shoulder. "What?" His eyes widened when he saw the look on her face. "Are...are you blushing?"

She turned her pink tinged face away. "Ugh, stop looking at me like that!"

"I can't help it! What on earth could make you blush?" Nick said, greatly amused by her clear embarrassment.

She finally let out a huff and said. "Okay fine! During the full moon certain...desires are...heightened."

Nick's eyebrows shot up. "Wait, you mean during the full moon, werewolves get horny?"

She smacked him over the head. "Ugh! You're such a guy, putting it like that, you should be ashamed of yourself."

Nick rubbed the sore spot on his head, a sheepish smile on his face. "Sorry...but you have to admit it's a little funny."

She crossed her arms, looking away from him. "Well I don't find it very funny. It's annoying." She pouted. "Especially since what I want is right in front of me and I can't have it."