Unveiled Secrets

"Oh shit!" Violet staggered backward, tripping over the coffee table and falling onto the floor, she quickly scooted back on her hands and knees until she hit the couch which she pressed her back against, trying to keep as much distance between her and Tala as she could.

Nick quickly stepped in front of Tala, preventing her from pursuing Violet. "Damn it, Tala! I was hoping to break the truth to her gently!"

Tala shifted back, her fangs, pointed ears and claws disappearing as her eyes returned to a normal shade of silver. "She provoked me."

Nick sighed and ran a hand down his face. "Well yeah, she did, but that doesn't mean you wolf out and try to attack her."

Tala shrugged. "I wasn't going to hurt her..."

"What the hell is going on?!" Violet shouted, panic throwing her voice an octive higher.

Tala snickered. "Your heart sounds like a jack hammer."

Nick turned to her and gave her a reproachful glare. "Let me handle this?"

Tala lifted up her hand submissively and leaned back against the wall.

Nick turned to Violet and lifted her off the ground, he gently sat her down on the couch and began. "Okay, so first off, you're not crazy."

Violet glared at him. "Oh yeah? Maybe the drugs just finally got to my brain permanently, how the hell do you explain what I just saw?"

Nick glanced back at Tala. "Well, she's a- um...werewolf."

There was a moment of dead silence, then Violet looked from Nick to Tala, and then back at Nick before saying. "You're joking."

Nick shook his head. "What you just saw was her shifting, she can't go fully into wolf form unless it's a full moon, like the night we hit her with the car."

Violet narrowed her eyes. "That dog, or wolf, or whatever it was that we hit was wounded, how do you explain her being perfectly healthy?"

Tala strode over, causing Violet to flinch back against the couch. She smirked, and then pulled her shirt off her shoulder, turning so Violet could see the healing red marks on her shoulder blade.

"She also heals really fast so..." Nick said, trailing off.

Violet stared at the marks, then glanced at Nick. "You're really serious about all this?"

He nodded.

She thought for a few long moments, staring into space. Then finally she let out a sigh and stood up. "I don't know if I'm crazy...but I believe you."

Tala rolled her eyes. "Sure took you long enough."

"Hey, this isn't exactly easy to just believe in!"

Nick inwardly wondered if introducing them had been a good idea as he stepped between them once again. "Hey, cool it, we're all new to this."

Violet crossed her arms and glared at Tala. "So what, you find Miss Big Bad over there and suddenly you're the expert on werewolf and human integration?"

Nick looked confused. "What? No, I never said that. Look, can we maybe just have a civil conversation?"

The girls both looked at each other warily, then Violet plopped down on the couch. "Fine."

Tala smirked and dropped to the floor, crossing her legs as she waited for Nick to sit down.

He remained standing, and after taking a deep breath said. "Okay, so first off, Tala, why don't you explain your situation?"