|14|

•Will•

After another three days Nico finally got better. Staying home from school to take care of Nico was great, but we will have a growing pile of homework if we don't go back. I've been staying over at Nico's because his dad still isn't back, he seems okay, Hazel is pretty shaken up. And I want to be there for Nico, whether he wants me to or not.

"Neeks, we have to get up for school," I said softly in his ear. He groaned loudly and kept his eyes shut. "Can't we just stay here forever?" He asked. I chuckled,"I wish. But no, we have homework waiting for us."

"Don't remind me."

I sighed and decided it was time to pull out the big guns. "If you do not get up in the next ten seconds I'm not kissing you for a month."

Nico looked up at me, one eyebrow cocked. He shook his head,"You're bluffing."

"1..."

Nothing.

"2...3...4..."

He moved a little.

"5...6...7...8...9...1-" I was cut off by his lips. I smirked into the kiss. "Knew that'd get you up," I whispered. "Shut up Solace. You're ruining the moment." I obliged and he ran his hands through my hair.

My hands found their way to the pocket of my sweatshirt, the one that he was wearing. I moved my lips to his jawline, kissing along it softly.

"Okay we actually do have to get ready for school," I whispered, earning another groan from Nico. "Fine," he mumbled.

I went to the bathroom to shower and get dressed. When I came back Nico was standing in the mirror, adjusting his shirt. I heard him muttering things under his breath and and I caught one of them. "...so ugly..." No.

No.

I wasn't going to let him call himself ugly. I walked over to him and before he could say a word I scooped him up into my arms and threw him on the bed before I hovered over him.

"Nico di Angelo. You, are the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on. So don't think for one second I'm going to let you call yourself ugly. Got it?"

He nodded softly and wrapped his arms around me. We stayed like that for a while and then his breathing slowed. I sighed. "Not again di Angelo. You are NOT going back to sleep," I said sternly. "Fine," he mumbled.

After I successfully dragged Nico out of the house, with some help from Hazel, we walked towards Goode. Hazel's phone rang and went in front of us to talk to the caller.

I thought I should ask the pending question. "Hey Nico?" I asked. He looked at me and made a gesture to continue. "Are you ready?"

He knew what I meant. "I..." his voice died in his throat. "I don't know if I'm ready. I-I haven't e-even come out and I just don't kn-"

"It's okay Neeks, if you aren't ready, I'm completely okay with that. Our friends know, and I have you. That's plenty for now."

"Why do you have to be so amazing?" He groaned. I had an answer. And it was nothing but the truth.

"Well I have to keep up with you and your perfection."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The day whizzed by and soon it was lunch. I was walking towards the cafeteria when I was abruptly grabbed by a cold hand and dragged into what appeared to be a janitor's closet. I looked around and saw Nico with his hand on my wrist.

"Hi," he said softly. "It's a little ironic you're dragging me into a closet," I noted with a smirk. He rolled his eyes and walked towards me.

Instead of answering, he just kissed me. We stayed there for a while, but not long enough to make our friends wonder where we were.

Percy and Annabeth were once again missing when we entered the cafeteria. No suspicious at all. Wink wink.

"Hey guys!" Reyna greeted. "Hello," I said with a wave as I sat down, Nico doing the same.

"So?" Hazel questioned, as if we were supposed to know what that vague word meant. "So what?" I asked. "SO ARE YOU GOING TO TELL PEOPLE YET?" She whisper-yelled. Nico rolled his eyes but his cheeks flushed a bright red.

"No," he answered. "Not yet." Hazel groaned in frustration,"Wwwhhyyyyy?" "Because Haze, I'm not ready," he responded softly.

In the midst of our conversation Percy and Annabeth returned. They were both blushing a bright red and Percy's hair was even messier then usual. Then I saw it and I busted out laughing.

"What?" Percy and Annabeth asked simultaneously.

"Oh nothing, proceed. But that looks like a nice hickey, Chase," I laughed. She turned bright red and sent me a death glare. After she brushed he hair flat down against her neck and said,"One more word Solace, and you'll be a dead man."

I raised my hands in surrender. "Alright Chase, don't get your bra straps in a twist. Oh wait, Percy probably did that already," I finished, pointing to her left shoulder, where a blue strap hung off.

"Solace!" Percy growled. "Shut up."

"Hey Jackson, I'm just stating the obvious."

He smiled, annoyed and Annabeth buried her face in his shoulder. Nico put his hand on my thigh, "You're something else Sunshine."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A few hours after school got out I got a call from Hazel, her voice panicky.

"Will! You have to come over!"

"What? Why? What's wrong?"

"It's Nico, h-he was sleeping in his room and then I-I heard him screaming and crying but his door was locked and he won't let me in please help Will."

"Do you think he's okay?"

"I don't know. He could be doing it again."

"Doing what?"

"Hurting himself."