|16|

•Will•

Nico sat on the bed with his head in his hands. I couldn't understand. "Nico please," my voice strained.

He looked up and reached for my hand, I closed it around his tightly. "Will," he pleaded. "I-I can't. I can't tell you. You'll hate me."

"Gods Nico! You don't get it do you? Nothing, nothing you could say or do could make me hate you." His face contorted to a confused frown. "This will," he stated simply.

"Nico. I can't do this. Trust is the most important thing in a relationship to me, and I guess you don't trust me," each syllable stabbed at me as I said it, but it was all true. Nico looked up.

"What does that mean Will?" he asked. I shook my head sadly. "I-I don't know. That's for you to figure out. Goodbye Nico." I walked up the stairs and brushed past Hazel, who caught my arm. "What happened?" She asked. I shook my head,"Ask your brother." I pressed the crumpled photo into her hand and walked out the front door.

My vision was blurry and my head pounded. I walked across the street to my own house and ran upstairs before my mom and dad started asking me questions.

I don't get it. What is so bad that Nico won't tell me? I needed to get my mind off of things.

To Rachel: Can we meet up? Need 2 get my mind off stuff.
Rachel:Let me guess...boy trouble?
Me: Ding Ding!
Rachel: I feel you Solace. Starbucks in 15?
Me: c u there ;)

I walked downstairs and pulled my shoes on. "Dad I'm taking the car!" I called. "Where are you going?" "To hang out with Rachel!"

"Okay! Drive safe!"

I found a spot along the road and walked along the busy sidewalk into Starbucks. I got a caramel macchiato and sat down at our corner table, waiting for Rachel.

Finally a head of red hair walked in the door and up to the counter. Getting her drink before making her way over to me.

"Hey Solace!" She said as she say down. "Hey Rachel." She took a drink of her coffee and said,"Nico?" I nodded sadly. She reached her hand across the table and laid it on mine.

"What happened Will?"

I sighed,"I don't really know. He-he has these nightmares, about his sister I think. He keeps saying it's nothing, I know it is. But he won't tell me the truth. He just kept saying that I'd hate him if I knew. But I could never hate him, I lo-I like him too much."

Rachel's eyebrow raised at the last part, but she didn't say anything. "Look Will, I think you should take a little while, maybe just a few hours, to clear your head and think about it. Then, go talk to him, and if he doesn't come to his senses, I don't know."

I nodded, looking up at her. "Thanks Rach, that makes a lot of sense, something that hasn't been happening much lately."

"Anytime Solace."

Rachel and I finished our coffee and then headed our separate ways. I started towards my house, then turned towards the school. The archery range was always open for students to use, so I went there quite a bit.

I parked in the school parking lot and grabbed my bow and quiver  that was in the trunk from a few days ago before I walked through the snow to the archery field at the back of the school.

The white powder crunched underneath my boots. I reached the archery range where the wooden targets stood, covered in a thin layer of snow. I chose the one I wanted to use and nocked an arrow. It didn't have a sharp head, but instead a rubbery ball type thing filled with sand. They were ones you'd use in a game where you would shoot other people. Leaving only bruises, rather than bloody cuts.

It hit the center of the target with a clunk, flakes of white falling to the ground, leaving the target almost snow free.

I nocked another arrow, with an actual head this time, and pulled back my bowstring before letting it fly through the air. It whistled as it soared, before piercing a spot in the wood.

I released another. Thunk. "That's for the stupid secret that's keeping me from you!" I yelled, sound filling up the silence of the day.

Thud. "That's for all the reasons you think you can't tell me!"

Crack. The arrow snapped in half, I threw it to the snow in frustration, holding the grip of my bow so tight my knuckles turned white. Then I heard someone yelling for me.

"Will! Will is that you? Will!"

I turned around and saw a tall boy with blond hair running towards me. Jason? He neared and my heart dropped like a stone into my stomach.

With a friendly smile and a wave, there stood Luke Castellan.

Haha we ain't done yet! I wouldn't leave you on a little cliffhanger in such a highly anticipated chapter. Keep reading folks. . .

What the fuck is going on right now? Luke must've noticed my look because his face settled to a frown. "What the hell do you want Luke?" I spat, my tone harsh. Luke nodded, as if he knew I would react like that.

"You probably hate me, and you have every right to. . ." "Damn right I do!" ". . . Anyway, I came to apologize. I know what I did was awful, and I don't know why I was so homophobic. At-at my new school, kids have been bullying me. Calling me names that I called you, and I'm not even homosexual. I realize now how much that stings. And please give me brutal honesty, I deserve everything you have to say about me."

My mouth hung open in shock. Here's Luke Castellan, standing in front of me waving the white flag. Unbelievable.

I shot him a glare before I spoke. "You're right. I have every right to hate you. You hurt my feelings, my pride, my confidence, and my body. You hurt me. But, I know what it's line to have to ask for forgiveness, and I've seen it enough times before to know you're being genuine. And I've never been one to hold a grudge, so, we're cool."

Luke grinned and held out his hand, I shook it firmly. "Thank you so much! This means a lot," Luke said with a smile. I poked a finger at him,"One more screwup though Castellan, whether it be me, or any other kid, I won't be so forgiving." "Noted."

After the strange conversation with Luke, I walked back to the car with my stuff. I drove home, and then decided to visit Nico's house.

Hazel let me in, and I walked past her into the basement, where the doorframe still stood bare. Nico sat criss cross on his bed, a yellow sweatshirt, my sweatshirt, in his lap.

He looked up when I reached the bottom of the stairs. "Nico."

"Will," he breathed. "What are you doing here?"

"Look Nico, I like you, a lot. But if you don't fee like you can tell me everything, then this isn't going to work, we aren't going to work."

He nodded miserably as if he knew that would come. He got up and stepped close to me. "Will," he whispered. "This is too big, it's too much. It's better I don't get you involved. Please understand."

"I don't understand, which I guess  we're d-done. I'll uh, see you around Death Boy."

Silent tears streamed downed Nico's face, mirroring my own wet cheeks.

"Before you go. . ." Nico grabbed my chin and pulled my lips to his. I finally pulled away, resting my forehead against his. "That won't change my mind," I said softly. He smiled sadly,"I know, it's so I can remember your kisses when you're gone."

"I-I'm going to. . ." He nodded. "G-goodbye Solace."

I walked up the stairs when Nico called,"Wait, Will! Your hoodie!"

"Keep it," I yelled back.

No comment from me, but let's see what you have to say.