|18|

•Will•
Gods I miss him. I miss everything about him.

His shy smile, I miss that.

His mysterious eyes, I miss them.

His shaggy dark hair, I miss it.

His beautiful personality, I miss that the most.

We both messed up.

But I want to fix it.

Today is February 13th, Valentine's day is tomorrow. And I would give anything to spend it with him.

I know he's hiding some secret, but he still won't tell me. It's gotta be something big or else he would trust me with it. So I am going to his house tomorrow morning, walking to school with him, rather than waiting to watch them pass before leaving my house, and apologize for my stupidity and lack of empathy.

I just hope it works. Cause if he doesn't miss me as much as I miss him then it's all over.

And I don't want it to be over.

Everything was ready. I was going for small but special. Annabeth and Percy helped me set it up. I just hoped it was enough.

Today was the day. This was it. All or nothing.

I looked in the mirror one last time before pulling on my coat and grabbing my backpack.

I walked outside and saw Nico and Hazel coming out the door. Nico looked amazing as usual. I took a deep breath as an attempt to slow my racing heartbeat. It didn't work.

I forced my legs to move and I stiffly walked across the street. All of a sudden I was flooded with doubt. Am I walking too fast? Do I look okay? Will he accept my apology? I shook the thoughts from my head so I couldn't change my mind because of them.

I reached the other side of the street and Nico looked up, confusion in his eyes.

"Nico," I said softly. "C-Can we, can we talk?"

Hazel shot a look towards Nico, who nodded and mumbled something to her.

She nodded and walked ahead of us.

Nico didn't say anything. "Did I do so-something?" I say, my voice cracking.

He looked up and shook his head,"No! It-It was all me."

"Then why don't you just tell me Nico? I want this, I want you, but if you don't trust me enough to tell me something that I know is hurting you inside, then a relationship isn't going to work."

His fist clenched at his side,"If-If you wanted me, then why did you walk out on me?"

"I don't know Nico! I was frustrated, I was hurt, I didn't know what to think. Because I have all of these feelings that I don't know what to do with. Feelings for you."

He sighed,"Will, I care about you. So much that it actually hurts sometimes, but before I can tell you what you want to know, you have to know some other things first."

I nodded,"6 o' clock. Please, come to my house, w-we can talk. And it is Valentine' Day after all. No fancy clothes, just bring yourself and a hoodie."

"Okay."

We walked the rest of the way in silence, it wasn't tense silence, but silence nonetheless. (A/N: I actually can't stand silence.)

The day went by quickly, making me thankful. I ran home to get ready, my parents were likely to be gone all night, they always whoop it up on Valentine's Day.

I made sure everything was set up the way I wanted it and then went to get in the shower.

Water sprayed down and I ran a hand through my hair.

I dried my hair with a towel and walked to my room to get dressed.

I pulled on jeans, a t-shirt, and a 1994 Stanford sweatshirt that my dad had given me a long time ago. I glanced at my phone. 5:42.

I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the food, setting out snacks, soda, and pizza in the living room.

The doorbell rang and I looked in the mirror one last time before running over to it.

My breath caught in my throat when I opened the door. Not because of the way he looked, I had somewhat gotten used to how amazing he always looked, it was what he was wearing.

My hoodie.

A bright yellow sweatshirt that Nico wouldn't be caught dead in. "Hi," he breathed. "Hey," I replied.

I stepped aside and he hesitated before walking in.

I reached for his hand and he let me take it, "Not so fast Death Boy."

He raised an eyebrow and I smiled before walking behind him and covering his eyes.

"If you run me into something I swear Solace."

I led him into the living room and uncovered his eyes.

At no more than a whisper I said,"Happy Valentine's day."

Funny story...I actually had this chapter finished on Tuesday and was all ready to upload....but then I kept second guessing my writing abilities and tweaking it...at one point I gutted half the chapter...then it was Friday. So I apologize for being late.