|19|

•Nico•

I don't deserve this. I don't deserve him. He is so special and sweet that I sometimes wonder how someone so perfect could exist. Will did all of this for me and I'm the one who messed up in the first place.

Will set up a huge blanket fort in his living room and there is snacks and pizza and drinks.
There are movies set out and comfy pillows and lights.

"Will," I said breathlessly. "You did all this by yourself?"

"No," he admitted. "Percy and Annabeth helped."

"Still, it's incredible."

He gently guided me over to the mass of blankets and sat down, pulling me with him.

"How've you been?" I asked.

"Nico, you and I both know pleasantries are useless. I think based on how shitty I look and act, you can guess how I've been."

"Can't be worse than how I've been," I stated.

He sighed. "It's not a competition of who's misery is the greatest. That's not what this is about."

"Fair enough."

"Nico. I know that you don't want to, but please, if you want to keep this relationship," his hesitated. "Please tell me. Tell me everything. No matter what you've done, it couldn't make me feel any didferent."

A realization hit me. "You know what? All this time you've been trying to get me to open up. Well guess what Sunshine, I haven't heard any of your deep dark secrets."

He nodded,"okay. I tell you something, you tell me something."

"Deal."

He ran a hand through his hair,"I have a brother named Landon. He's in college, a sophomore, and majors in music. I miss him a lot, he goes to school in California, so we don't see him often."

"Wow." His brow furrowed,"Wow what?" I shrugged,"Why didn't you tell me before?"

His expression was conflicted,"I, I wanted to, but then I learned about Bianca and I didn't want to, you know. I'm really sorry Nico."

I nodded,"It's okay Will. I guess it's my turn. Um, so when I was around ten, I was obsessed with this card game called Mythomagic. It was the Greek god equivalent to Pokémon. There were cards with the different gods and little figurines to go with. Now that I think about it it was sort of stupid."

He shook his head,"It's not stupid. Why did you stop playing?" "B-Bianca." He didn't press me for details, just continued with our deal.

"When I was in seventh grade I got, I got made fun of a lot. I came out to this guy Daniel, who I had had a crush on since sixth grade, and he told everyone. I was beat up, laughed at, called names, some boys even teepeed our house. I switched schools and only told three people."