The Towel Boy

Dediacted to BookwornChic, I hope you like it, xoxo ladydianna01**please enjoy the song by Miguel "Sure Thing"

The Towel Boy

Aaron Moore hated anything that has to do with sports. So he wasn't surprised that when he was called into the coach’s office one afternoon his guidance counselor was in the office as well. Mr. Jenkins and Miss Taylor informed him that even though his academic grades were stellar; he needed to pass physical education in order graduate. To his dismay the coach told him to come back in the morning so he could tell him what he needed to do in order to pass his class.

 Aaron got up and politely thanked his teachers. He pushed his horn rimmed glasses further up on his smooth little face and trudged out of the office and straight into the Lion's den. He gawked and immediately lowered his gaze as he tried to inconspicuously make his way out of the boy's locker room that was now occupied by the entire half naked football team getting ready for practice.

 He almost stumbled in his haste to get out but not before he caught sight of Josh...The quarterback and the most heavenly creature God has ever created. His mouth watered at the expanse of tanned naked skin in front of him. But he was jostled out if his stupor when he realized Josh was staring right back at him. Aaron let out a strangled squeak and high tailed out of the locker room.

 With his heart beating a mile a minute in his little chest, he skidded to a stop once he made it down the hall and around the corner from the locker room. Aaron pushed his glasses up on his nose yet again and peeked around the corner from where he had just scurried from. He watched as the guys started to amble out and head towards the football field. He knew he was just a glutton for punishment as he tried desperately to catch a glimpse of Josh before he carried himself off to the library to do his homework.

 "Aaron are you ok?" The voice behind him started him into jumping almost a foot in the air before spinning around to face the questioning curiosity on Miss Taylor’s face.

 "Um...I...I'm fine." He managed to stutter out as he grew disappointed that he wouldn't get to see his crush because he had to answer the counselor's questions.

 She studied his bowed head before sighing and sending him on his way. Aaron didn't need to be told twice. He didn't even look back as he speed walked his way to the library. He passed the hallway that opened up and looked out towards the field, but all he saw was the cheerleaders stretching and the band's drum line warming up. The players were all the way over on the other side of the field. It was just as well because Aaron knew he had no chance in hell of getting together with someone like Josh.

 The first thing was that, Josh was straight. He was currently dating a smart pretty red headed girl for the last two years, much to the head cheerleader’s dismay. He wasn't the typical jock. He actually had a brain and he broke the typical mold of exactly what high school quarterbacks were supposed to be like. He was nice to everybody; there wasn't a mean bone in his body. He hated fickle people which means he didn't get along with half the cheerleading squad because unlike him; they were the typical mean bitches. And second, Aaron knew he was too short, too plain, and too scared to open his mouth for anyone, and especially for Josh Hines to notice him.

 Aaron’s day ended by making it home for dinner with his eccentric mother. The woman was the like the poster child for overzealous parenting of little gay boys. He knew he was lucky to have a mother that was as tolerant as she when it came to the fact that her one and only child was gay, but his mum took it to the extreme. She was his number one fan girl, but she was constantly on him to find the perfect boyfriend. She was forever embarrassing him by trying to set him up with gay boys from the community center where she worked as a social worker. But for Aaron, most of those boys were divas, twinks, or just plain too into themselves for his state of mind. In his head he saw only one person footing the bill for him and unfortunately that person was a straight athletic brainiac hero of their senior class.