Chapter 6

You couldn't believe what he just said. You were speechless and all you could do was have your mouth hanging. Everything just went too fast for you to process.

He laughed and playfully messed your hair up.

"I was joking, little kitten. Although that's what I hope."

You glared at him and shook your head, trying to stop him from playing your hair. You brushed your hair with your fingers to keep it back to its place.

"D-don't joke around like that. You said I'm not your target."

"That's true. I don't really understand the situation. I'm trying to figure it out. Sorry but I still have to play this every night."

"Why? Why do you break their hearts?"

He scratched the side of his head and shrugged.

"Duty."

"Duty?"

He grinned and pushed you gently so that you were turning around. He grabbed your hand and pulled you out.

"It's late, little kitten. I'll bring you back home."

You pushed his hand away and stood at your spot. He looked at you blankly as he was taken aback by your actions.

"I can't sleep because of that flute. You don't know why this is happening and you won't explain why you have to play it. My heart is going crazy because of you. It's not fair!"

"I know but give me some time."

He grabbed your hand again and dragged you again, heading back towards your house.

"How much more time?"

He stopped in his tracks and turned his head back to you.

"Just trust me."

You weren't convinced. Not even a slight bit. That's not even the answer you were looking for yet you couldn't help but accept it. Trusting him was definitely out of the question but that's the only thing you could do for now.

He sent you back home and Seokjin was waiting for you at the doorstep. His face lit up when he saw the two of you and thanked Namjoon for accompanying you back safely.

After Namjoon left, Seokjin waited for an explanation. He folded his arms and gave you a look. One that won't let you off unless you explain.

"I just needed fresh air."

You lied and he knew but he just let it be. He told you to sleep early although that won't be happening. You wish it would but not even a chance. You knew you would have to spend another night without sleeping.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

You were exactly correct. You didn't get to sleep a wink because of the flute sound. It's getting rather irritating and the lack of sleep was making you feel rather awful. Awfully pissed off.

The person responsible for this popped up in your head. The lack of information and the continuous sound of flute caused your blood to boil.

The facts that he's irrelevantly handsome and the way your heart just had to pound faster added up to your annoyance that you had reached your limit.

"KIM NAMJOON!!!! YOU ARE SO DEAD!"

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••