Chapter 13

You stared at your brother, waiting for him to break the silence. He told you that he had something important to tell you after dinner. And it had been about an hour since both of you had finished eating.

The situation was getting rather awkward and you couldn't help but feel uncomfortable as time ticked by. You noticed your brother was feeling nervous to start the conversation and had been staring at his own hands.

Sitting there in the same room and not saying anything just made you overthink. You couldn't take it anymore so you tapped on the table to get his attention.

"Oppa..."

He glanced up at you and tilted his head to show that he's listening.

"Are you human?"

He blinked his eyes and gaped.

"W-what are you talking... you knew?"

You bit the bottom of your lips and nodded your head slowly.

"I-I'm Sorry, (Y/N). I was going to tell you but-"

"It's okay, oppa," you cut him off and his shoulders dropped heavily. He had his gaze down and couldn't bring himself to maintain eye contact with you.

"You must be disappointed in me."

"Why would I be? You are the best oppa I could ask for and I'm thankful that you actually stayed with me all this while."

"But I kept it from you all this while."

You let out a small sigh and reached to hold his hands in between yours. He looked at your hand and then at you.

"You can tell me now, oppa. I want to know."

"Okay I plan to tell you today as well. You see that day of your parents' car accident, me and Hoseok were-"

"Wait... Hoseok oppa? He's not human too?"

"Ah Yeah Hoseok is a grim reaper."

"That bundle of sunshine?!"

You stood up and Seokjin looked at you surprised. You cleared your throat and sat down.

You really didn't expect Hoseok to be a grim reaper. He's too bright and bubbly to even be considered related to anything that had to do with darkness. He literally screams when he sees lizard so this was a very shocking news to you.

"So basically this is what happened."

••••••••••••••••••<16 years ago>••••••••••••••••••

Min received a report stating that there will be a car accident at midnight near the intersection of the road. It stated that none of the people caught in the accident survived.

He passed it to Hoseok and explained to him the situation.

"Hoseok, you will need to go alone today."

"What about you, hyung?"

Min was about to say something but he didn't. He looked at the bouquet of yellow carnations that he was on his table. He bit the insides of his mouth as he reflected on the meaning behind the flowers.

"I need to attend the meeting... regarding the issue about me and...you know."

Hoseok noticed Min's expression dropped slightly.

"I see. It's okay. I'll do it."

Min thanked him and during their conversation, Seokjin came in the room with two boys who were wearing their school uniforms. One younger and slightly shorter than the other.