Chapter 9

You got back home without getting wet thanks to Namjoon's umbrella. Seokjin rushed to help you carry your things so that you could take off your shoe.

"I could have picked you up."

"It's fine. That would be too much of a hassle."

Seokjin eyed the umbrella and you noticed it. He asked you who's it was and you told him it was Namjoon's.

"Oh that's great. You guys are close?"

You didn't know how to answer his question. You couldn't really describe the relationship between you two. It's complicated. Well, everything is complicated about him.

"Kind of?"

Seokjin looked at you with one of his eyebrow raised but he didn't ask any further questions. He just told you to have a warm bath and come down to have dinner.

You went up but stopped in your tracks and glanced back at your brother.

"Oppa?" You called him and he hummed in response. "How did you know Namjoon?"

"Well, I told you before. He used to live in our neighbourhood until he had to leave for some business. I guess that's how one put it. Since then I hadn't keep in touch with him until last time."

"Oh." You tapped on the side rails of your staircase. "Did he play flute when he was young?"

"Umm flute? Not really. Back then, he was into painting and he travelled a lot to find inspirations probably."

You didn't know why but everything Seokjin said kinda felt off. Your brother is not the type of person who guess but rather state the facts. And here he was guessing and saying probably.

But still you weren't expecting Namjoon to be an artist. It was weird but you did remember him telling you that the flute belonged to someone else. You wondered who it was.

"Well, is there something wrong?" Seokjin asked and you shook your head. You excused yourself and headed to your room.

You just hoped to learn about something very soon.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

After dinner, you sat in your room and watched some variety shows on your laptop. There wasn't really much homework and your drama was not on TV so you decided to slack off in your own room.

You were enjoying the shows for a while but boredom slowly creeps into you. You placed your laptop at the side and stared at the ceiling above you.

Then, you glanced at the wall clock.

It felt kind of strange. It's already night time yet there was no flute sound. No music. No anything.

You felt perfectly normal. You thought maybe he was taking a break or something. You just ignored it and went to sleep.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

It had only been one night. Just one night since you last heard of the flute sound and you were already starting to get worried. You didn't know why but you just felt anxious.

It's as if you were addicted to that flute sound and just wanted to hear it play. Must be suffering from some sort of addiction symptom or Namjoon symptom because you just couldn't take him out of your head.

You felt like something might have happened to Namjoon and you were freaking out. You were confused.

You weren't supposed to be caring about him. He's not your boyfriend or anything. He breaks girls' hearts and he might not even be human. You kept telling yourself that but you somehow ended up at his house after school.