1.

Zara

I woke up to my alarm going off at 5:21. I let out a sigh as I got out of bed and pulled on my PINK slides . I walked to my dresser and put my black rimmed glasses on my face. I trudge across the room to my bathroom to open the shower stall. I turn the water on and wait for it to heat up. After about five minutes I undress & take off my glasses and hop in the shower. I squeeze out some of my rose petal scented body wash and lather it up on my brown skin. I then proceed to squirt some vaginal wash on my yellow rag and scrub my coochie clean . You will never catch me with any sort of body odor and that's a promise. Unless I'm at soccer practice, then I'll smell of deviled eggs and 6 slices of uncooked ham. I pick up my African black soap bar and smear it on my face and rinse it off. I stepped out of the shower and pull my pink and orange towel over my body. I walked over to the sink to brutally brush my teeth. Minty is the goal, no morning breath allowed. I finish brushing my teeth and wipe my mouth. As I enter my room, I skip to my bed to unlock my phone and start blasting 90's and 2000's hits to distract myself from the nerves and anxiety of going to a new school "Bills, Bills, Bills" by Destiny's Child starts to play and I automatically get into character and activate my Diva attitude. I rub my cocoa butter + shea butter lotion mix all over my body. I rub some deodorant under my arms. Since it's the first day of school, I have to dress nice. And by "nice", I mean a black and white off-the-shoulder blouse matched with black leggings and sandals. And tomorrow , I'll switch right back to my Nike hoodie and jeans with sneakers. I'm a tomboy at heart but I'll get all dolled up on rare occasions. Today is said "rare occasion". I don't know anybody at my new school, Sweetwater High. I moved to Alabama last month from New York . I miss my friends , I miss my old house, I miss the busy atmosphere of New York, I think to myself as I let out a low sigh. I dread spending another minute in the south because I've heard a lot of racist flat-worms roam the streets. oh no baby I'm not here for that. THATS OVER, IT'S CANCELLED ! I'm just trying to graduate and go back to New York for college, if I even get to that point. I'm smart , but I'm no genius trust and believe that. But I just want to focus on my schoolwork this year. I'm not really focused on relationships and friendships right now. That version of me was left in New York, and I'm starting fresh this year. A verse from a song comes to mind as I think about school. "Mama I don't have time for dancing, that's just gonna have to wait a while."

After I get dressed , I pull off my bonnet and satin scarf and look in the bathroom mirror as I examine my wild 4b textured hair. I die of laughter as I look at my hair. It's completely flat on the left side because I slept on that side. I pull out my phone and open Snapchat. I snap a picture of my hair and write " GIRL WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL? pls send help🤣" as the caption. I send it to my best friends Jayla & Lexi and I see that it delivered. I take about 6 more pictures of my hair and decide to stop wasting time clowning myself and lock my phone as I successfully throw it across the bathroom my room, watching it flop onto the bed.

Michael Jordan, call me when you get this message.

I finish making fun of myself & work my magic with my bristle brush and hair gel. I pull my hair into a sleek low puff. "Oh yes Zara , go snatch those men today!" I say as I do a 360 twirl in the mirror. I then grab my separate shea butter container and dip my hand into it and rub it on my face , neck, and shoulders. I pick up my raspberry lip balm & cherry carmex and proceed to coat my lips with it. I search my nightstand for my light red flower earrings and put them in my ears. I walk down the stairs and enter the kitchen to greet my mom. "Good morning mom." I say as I open the refrigerator looking for something to eat . "Good morning", she says as she whisks her eggs in the pan. I notice she's still in her pajamas and ask , "Were you gonna take me to school or should I drive?". "I have to get to work early. Are you ok to drive?", she replies as she glances toward me. I nod as I take a container of left over jerk chicken & white rice and place it in the microwave . I take my food out of the microwave and sit down at the table to eat. I get up and walk to the living room due to the fact that I forgot to turn the television on. I flip the channel to Nickelodeon. "oooo iCarly.", I whisper with a smile. I walk back over to the kitchen table and eat my "breakfast". I pick up my phone and start scrolling through Instagram. I see pictures of my friends back in New York. Sigh. After I finish eating, I walk up to my room and pick up my school bag . I stuff my phone and charger into my bag while walking down the stairs. I pick up my car keys as I say bye to my mom. "Bye mommy , I'm leaving now!" I yell. I hear her say "Make good choices!" as I close the front door. I roll my eyes and grin after I hear what she says. I walk down the driveway and unlock my black Mercedes-Benz E350. I enter my car and stick the key in the ignition. I put on my seatbelt as I hear the engine rev. I reverse out of the driveway and roll down the neighborhood as I head towards Sweetwater High School.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

first chapter 😛
was it good?

comment. share. vote

~ thaliaaaa💞