10.

Jax

I️ woke up to the noisy sound of my alarm going off at-I️ checked the time—

5:39 am

I️ slept through the whole day.

At least my phone was fully charged.

I️ slapped my phone aimlessly, hoping I️ pressed the orange snooze button.

I️ finally found the snooze button, and placed my head back on my fluffy blue pillow.

I️ began to doze off when my eyes shot open at the sound of my alarm going off again.

I️ flinched at the sudden noise and groaned as I️ separated myself from my comfortable bed.

I️ trudged across the hall to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

I️ might just leave my hair the way it is.
A messy sweep to the side.
I️ watched as a strand of my black hair moved as I️ breathed.

I️ turned on the shower faucet and waited for the water to heat up, so I️ could step in.

I️ waited about three and a half minutes before I️ shed my black pajamas and stepped in the shower stall with my minty Irish Spring body wash.

                       ♡ ❁ ♡

I️ stepped out the steamy shower and wrapped my crimson towel around my waist.
I️ took a look in the mirror and noticed my hair looked different.

I️ brushed my teeth and my tongue, walking out of the bathroom.

Opening my closet door, I️ located a pair of red vans and paired it with denim jeans and a red Nike hoodie.

I️ grabbed my phone and checked the time.

6:19, it read.

I️ locked my phone and shoved it in my back pocket, picking up my backpack in a hurry.
I️ threw it over my shoulder and grabbed my keys off of my nightstand.

Rushing down the stairs, I️ whispered.
"Bye mom," letting out a sigh as I️ opened the front door and locked it again once I️ was on the porch.

The smell of rain from last night entered my nose as I️ walked down the driveway to my car.
My brother got it for me after serving in the navy.

"Whenever you need to drive away from your problems," he said when he handed me the keys.

I️ unlocked the car door and sat down.
Turning the car on, I️ heard the engine rev.

I️ reversed out of the driveway and found my way onto the main road.

I️ turned on the radio and the first few words of the song made me gag.

Look what you made me do.
Look what you ju-

I️ switched the radio off and took my phone out of my pocket carefully keeping my eyes on the road with one hand on the wheel.

No texting and driving.

I️ turned on my indicator, checking my right mirror so I️ could switch lanes.
I️ was just about to switch lanes when a red pick-up truck dashed down the lane.

"Dickhole," I️ honked my horn in anger.

I️ finally parked in the parking lot of a Target strip mall.
I plugged the aux cord into my phone and scrolled through my playlist and found a song I️ really liked.