6.

Zara

I'm home.
Finally.
I survived my first day at a new school. Granted I was late to all of my classes, but hey, at least I found all of them myself instead of getting help from Jax.
Speaking of Jax, I wonder what was wrong with him. He seemed fine this morning.
oh well, it's his business, not mine, I think shrugging to myself.

I shut my car door and walk up the driveway taking my house key out of my purse. Unlocking the door, i release a sigh of relief as I feel a sense of safety and security take over me.
I missed home. Even if I was only gone for seven hours. I feel out of place at school, or anyplace for that matter, and when I get home, I feel safe and protected.

I walk to my mother's bedroom and open her door, peeking in to see if she's in there. "Good evening, mommy." I say with a slight grin. "Good evening."
"Sooo?" she asks curiously.
I look at her perplexed and reply with a "What?" "How was your first day of school?"
"It was good I guess. I made a new friend. I think." I reply hesitantly.
"What's she like?" she questioned. "He" I say, correcting her. "And he's cool I gu-" "He?"
Sure, cut me off.
"Yes. He's cool but I think he's kinda quiet like me so I don't think we're gonna be," I hesitate, searching for the correct word. "close."
"He's my partner for a class project though." I add nonchalantly. "Maybe it's a sign." she suggests with a smirk.
Come on now, I think to myself mentally rolling my eyes.
If he won't even tell me his middle name, what makes you think we'll ever be a thing?
Highly unlikely.
If we're both quiet, then we're never going to connect on that type of distinct level.
And I've never actually had a genuine connection with a boy anyway so why start now, yaknow?

But we were assigned a project that requires us to get to know each other, so that'll probably aid in the situation.
"Do you like him?" she asks with a sly grin.
I whole-heartedly regret entering this room.
"Mommy, just because I interact with a human of the opposite gender doesn't mean I automatically like him." I say trying to convince myself at this point.
I mean, you can't develop feelings for someone you met seven hours ago.
Right?
And besides, he might not even like black girls. We are in the south.
He is cute, though.

And his personality isn't the best anyway." "Well what is he doing? Is he being mean to you?" 'Cause I'll come down there and who-" "No mommy." I say chuckling, "I can handle myself anyway, you know that."
"Oh, 'cause I'll stick my black ass foot so far up his as-" "Okay, and that's that on that." I exclaim cutting her off.

I leave her room, closing the door behind me. I saunter over to the kitchen, heating up a bag of popcorn. I set the time before running upstairs to my room and setting down my bag. I grab my phone. I got a text. From a group chat with Jayla and Lexi, my best friends.

Jayla💞 : how is it down south🙃?
Lexi🦋 : ^ ?
Zara : it's deadass hot down here.
Zara : like the depths of hell hot.
Zara : humid as shit.
Jayla💞 : 🤣
Jayla💞 : what's the school like ?
Lexi🦋 : probably big and clean.
Zara : its big. I got lost and some red-head girl had to help me get to the office😭😭.
Lexi🦋 : dummy 💀
Jayla💞 : have u made any friends ?
Zara : one I think.
Lexi🦋 : I feel replaced🙁.
Zara : girl stop. these ppl boring as hell.
Lexi🦋 : is she white ?
Jayla💞 : ^
Zara : HE is in fact, white.
Jayla💞 : oop, only been at school for a day and already got a boo🤸🏾‍♀️.
Lexi🦋 : damn u work fast asl😭
Zara : Y'all needa stop 🤦🏾‍♀️.
Jayla💞 : is he cute?
Zara : kinda . yea I guess
Lexi🦋 : girl u like him.
Zara : false.
Jayla💞 : true.
Zara : well even if I did, I don't even know if he likes black girls. I mean, we do live in the south.

We need to stop talking about him. Just thinking about him makes me a teensy bit nervous.

Zara : but anyway I gtg 🙃.
Jayla💞 : byeeeee
Lexi🦋 : get out of my sight squid.
Zara : love u too😘💞!
Lexi🦋 : get on somewhere squidward.

I lock my phone and set it on my bed. I tread over to my dresser and pick out an old "Wake Eden Baptist"
t-shirt and a pair of black shorts. I take off my bra and put on my comfortable clothes and walk out of my room. When I reach the kitchen, I hear the microwave beeping. Indicating that the popcorn's been done for a while.
I open the microwave and snatch the bag out of it.
Ouch. That's hot.
Smells good though.
I walk back upstairs opening the bag. I reach my room and find the remote to turn the tv on. I activate Netflix and proceed to watch an episode and a half of Jane the Virgin. I eat my popcorn while watching the show.

I start to get tired and decide that I'm going to take a nap.
I lay my head on my pillow before I remember that I don't have my bonnet on.

I let out a groan as I trudge out of my room into the bathroom to retrieve my bonnet. I slap it on my head and walk back to my room and leap onto my bed. I lay awake and begin to think.

I'm gonna need Jax's number for the project. But how am I going to get it?
I'm going to seem like a weirdo just asking for his number all of his sudden. I mean, I just met the man.
Maybe I can ask that red-headed girl if she has his number.
What was her name? Katrina? Kaitlyn?
Kelsey, it was Kelsey.

I heard a few kids in the school parking lot talking about some back-to-school party coming up. I wonder when that is. It's not like I'm going to get invited though. Nobody's gonna invite the new girl to a party. But it's okay though, parties aren't my kind of scene anyway. I never really went to parties back in New York and that's most likely not going to change just because I live somewhere else. And I heard parties in the south aren't as wild as the parties back in New York, so I wouldn't be looking forward to it anyhow.

I emit a yawn as I begin to drift off to sleep.

Hi, my name's Catrina. And my name is Hugh. I'm Sara, I'm Emma. And I'm Joe to you.
Hello, my name is Spencer. And my name's Lorraine. I'm Anthony, I'm Debbie. And my name is Abby .

♡ ❁ ♡

Jax

I've come to a conclusion.
I am going to invite Zara to Ryan's party. I've also come to the conclusion that I'm going to show up at football practice. Football, isn't really a sport to me. It's actually more of a "getaway". When I'm mad or I can't get certain thoughts out of my head, I get on the field and I'm able to crush people without getting expelled.

But anyways, besides the point .
I've figured out how I'm going to ask her.
She's going to walk in to class and I'm going to be in my seat. She's going to sit down and I'm going to kick the front of her desk. Then I'll look back at her. And wink.
Ha.
Then after class, we'll walk together to second period . And then I'll invite her. And she'll ask for the address and I'll tell her "I'll just text it to you." and that's how I'll get her number. Boom.
Drops mic.
Killing two birds with one stone.

And scene.
The end.

Man, I hope this works.

I wish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this took a while and it's not even that interesting wtf 💀.
so I guess this'll be kind of a "filler chapter" so the next chapter can be more interesting.

comment.
share.
and vote.

~thaliaaa💞