4.

Zara

Of all the people in the class I could've been partnered up with, it had to be this disrespectful tater tot.
I don't like Mr. Washington anymore, his petty ass. I hope there's glue under that toupée so when I rip it off, his skin comes off with it, I think to myself, frustrated. I let out a sigh as I reach to tap the back of Jax's chair. He turns around visibly confused. He widens his eyes and looks around the room then back at me, as if to say "Yes? What do you want?"

Is this dude hard of hearing? 

"Didn't you hear him?" I ask quietly, but with obvious attitude. "What?" I know you heard me, I'm not that quiet. "We're partners. For the project.", I explain slowly, on purpose. So he can process what I'm saying.
Because you're obviously dumb.

hehe.

"I'm not stupid, you don't have to talk slowly." he fires back, arching his eyebrows.
"Obviously I had to." I mumble as I roll my eyes. He kisses his teeth as he rolls his green eyes and flips me off. He turns back around and lays his head on the desk. I know he did not just-
Is Mr. Washington seeing this?
"Excuse me" I say as I tap the back of his head ferociously, "I- er, we have a project to do and I'm not about to get a failing grade because you can't lose your attitude. So turn around and get to work." , I demand, not catching a single breath. I didn't wanna have to do this but look what you made me do.
Get off your man - period with that fake-ass bad boy attitude.

Slowly but surely, he turns his chair around to face me. "Who are you talking to?" he asks with a sneer. "Who else would I have been talking to?" I reply as a confused expression forms on my face. "What do you want?" he asks with a straight face. Keep your cool this time Zara. "Hi, my name is Zara. What's yours?", I ask with a insincere smile on my face. "Jax" "Middle name?" "Grey" "Last name?" "Anderson" Sounds like a billionaire's name, I think to myself. He let out a chuckle. Huh? "Did I say that out loud?", I ask embarrassed. "Yeah.", he replied with a grin. I pull out a piece of loose-leaf paper and write his full name at the top. "My full name is-", I say before I get cut off. "Sarah Brown"
he says with a smirk.

You petty little bit-

"Actually its Zara Brown,", I correct him, "And my middle name is Hayden." How are you gonna interrupt me while I'm saying my name and then have the audacity to get it wrong? It's just, it's not adding up, I think to myself, perplexed.
He nods and stares off into space.
"Aren't you gonna write that down?" I ask.
How rude.

He rolls his eyes as he lets out a low sigh and asks "Can I get a piece of paper?" he asks through gritted teeth. "You can." I nod. He extends his hand and looks at me. I stare down at his hand then up at him and I slap his hand. He looks at me confused and I respond with "Well, I mean you can but may you?" I ask . He rolls his eyes again, showing annoyance.
"What's the magic word?", I ask with another insincere smile plastered on my face. "Please" "and the other one." He lets out a huff of defeat and asks "May I have a single sheet of the college-ruled paper that is kept in your binder, please?" he asks, with a deadpan tone. See, all that was unnecessary but it was funny so I'll let him slide. "Why yes you may!" I exclaim before realizing how loud I was. All eyes are on us for about two seconds before the students get bored and start focusing on their work again. I open my binder to take out a "single sheet of the college-ruled paper that's kept in my binder" and hand it to him. He notices my drawing of an African American girl with a big kinky Afro sitting in a field smelling a daisy. "You draw ?" he asks. "A little." I reply shyly. "Is that supposed to be you?" Why so many questions? "I don't know." I say as I shrug my shoulders. "Oh...cool." he nods. I stare at him while he's writing my name. "You're welcome.", I say with attitude. I chose to let you borrow a piece of paper that came from my binder that belongs to me and you don't even say thank you?