Chapter 6-Granger, Clay, and a Girl Named Paige

Ashlyn's eyes fluttered open to find herself laying in some random room that definitely wasn't her own. Even worse, she was on some uncomfortable cot with the noise of beeping machines in the background. Her head swam as she sat up, taking in her surroundings. She was the only one in the room at the moment. Computer screens surrounded the walls showing several different views of the town as they continuously rotated.

She glanced down, sighing in relief that she was still fully dressed. Still, she didn't understand how she had ended up here. Calian definitely hadn't carried her. Maybe, he drug her, but her clothes were still clean. Whatever happened, that stupid migraine of hers was returning again. Footsteps entered the room. She glanced over to see that red head from her television standing in front of her.

"Where am I?" She asked.

He held a tray of tea in his hands. Bending over, he handed her a cup before plopping down in a rolling chair with his own cup. Ashlyn sniffed the tea, suspicious that it was probably drugged too.

"You're with the watchers now. I can understand why you'd be suspicious."

"Um yeah, duh! Who the hell stabs someone in the thigh with a syringe?"

"Calian," Clay replied with a smirk.

"How long have I been out?" Ashlyn questioned.

"About an hour, give or take," Clay replied.

Ashlyn nodded as she glanced over to the computer screens. A red exclamation point appeared on one of the screens, flashing. Clay swung around in his rolling chair in interest as he pulled up the audio. Ashlyn blushed at the torrent of curse words that came flying out.

"Looks like Granger is causing trouble again," Clay chuckled as he pulled up the video feed.

Granger had Calian by the scruff of his shirt about to swing while both Hannah and Kailee tried to hold him back. "What did you do with her? I saw Chavez out strolling around the town heading back from that bitch's self made castle!"

"Granger, don't do it! Calm down!" Kailee pleaded.

"Not until you tell me what is going on!"

"What is he so tore up about?" Ashlyn asked as she looked over at Clay.

"He's put two and two together that you are in the same place the Queen calls home. Let's just say, he doesn't particularly care for the lady. He never trusted her to begin with, but after trying to get his memories back, he really doesn't like her."

"And he thinks something happened to me? I'm surprised he actually cares."

"Did he give you a nickname?" Clay asked.

"Um, he usually calls me Dorothy."

Clay nodded, his attention turned back to the screen as he typed in some commands. He chuckled as he watched the Enforcers poke and prod at Granger.

"Why are you doing that to him?"

"Its fun to mess with him. He's like a little brother to me," Clay replied. Ashlyn cocked her head in interest.

"Do you remember your present before coming here?" She questioned.

Clay paused turning to glance at her, his eyes saddening as he let out a sigh. "I was the one that betrayed Granger from getting his memories after agreeing to help him hack the system."

"Um, that's kind of fucked up," Ashlyn snapped.

"Actually, I think its better if he doesn't remember. During the hacking session, originally it was supposed to be just him to get his memories back. However, as I was filtering through data, I appeared in his memories."