Chapter 11- You Stupid Tinman

Granger about fell out of his chair, jumping in shock at Ashlyn's revelation.  "Did you knock a few screws loose?"

"No, you idiot! I was in the hospital, but then this doctor came and-"

Granger cut her off as he suspiciously eyed her. "Dorothy, I think you knocked your head when you fell."

Ashlyn let out a huff of annoyance, shaking her head. "I know what I saw. My mom was there, and Mrs. Pearson. Even Mr. Pearson. They were talking about Johnathan. Something happened to him!"

Granger reached out, gripping both of her shoulders, glaring at her in warning. Ashlyn hadn't realized she was panicking. Her lungs were burning, her heart pitter-pattering as she panted heavily struggling to breathe.

Great, a panic attack was just the thing I needed right now, she thought.

"I have no idea what you are rambling about, nor do I care who these people are," Granger snapped, "now take a deep breath before you hyperventilate."

Ashlyn followed his orders, slowly inhaling and exhaling. "You really are an ass," she grumbled.

"Yeah, I know."

Ashlyn nervously chewed her lip. It was getting easier to breathe, but she still felt anxious. Her voice barely came out above a whisper as she mumbled, "I have to find him."

"Who?" Granger asked.

"Johnathan!" Ashlyn slapped the bed in her frustration.

"Well, if he's here like you said, he sure as hell doesn't remember who you are," Granger sneered.

"Can you help me find him?" Ashlyn pleaded.

Granger groaned as he leaned back in his chair shaking his head. "I don't think that's a wise idea. You already are on the Queen's radar."

Tears welled in Ashlyn's eyes. It was taking all she could to keep her emotions in check. Granger scoffed, narrowing his grey eyes in on hers. "Fine, I'll help you."

"Thank you."

Granger only rolled his eyes as he stood from his chair, storming from his room. Ashlyn watched him leave, unsure if she should follow him or not. She tried leaving his bed, but her legs were too shaky to move.

Great, I'm stuck in his bed. She sighed in defeat, plopping her head back on the pillow.

She could hear Granger on the phone arguing with someone out in the hallway. He saw her trying to listen and quickly slammed the door to his room shut blocking out the sound completely. Ashlyn groaned as she sat in the bed, replaying the other threat she had failed to mention to Granger on repeat in her mind.

Don't worry, we'll come face to face soon. A shiver ran down Ashlyn's spine at the memory of the Queen's warning.

She couldn't tell Granger. He'd realize that she had already met with the Queen back in reality. He hated the Queen enough as it was, she didn't need him to try to start a revolt because of her words. She needed answers. Maybe it was better to meet with the Queen to learn the reason why Ashlyn was here or figure out who tried to eject her from this world.

There were others as dissatisfied with the Queen as Granger. Ashlyn needed to find them. She needed to understand this world. She needed to find Johnathan. She needed to get their memories back. She needed to do a lot of things, and she had no idea where to begin.

Restore everyone's memories.

Ashlyn jumped as a new thought echoed in her mind, looking around trying to figure out who had spoken. The last time some random voice appeared in her mind, she woke up in a hospital. Restoring everyone's memories sounded impossible. There was no way she could do that, nor did she want to. So much pain would be caused if everyone remembered.