Ch. 10 - Alter ego

I pull away and instantly feel disappointed in myself for not being able to stop the emptiness I felt right after the kiss was over. I looked away, knowing this would either piss William off or he'll just continue...

"Don't tell me you didn't like it, Rosie." He lifts my chin upwards and winks t me. "I will introduce you to the father as my girlfriend so we should work on our relationship a little bit, don't you think?" He says and pecks another small kiss on my lips then gets off the bed. "I'm going to the mall and I'll be gone for a while. You'll be fine on your own, right?" He grins and puts a hat on the top of his head and leaves me after I don't reply...

Knowing this would be my only chance of escaping before be leave this place, I try to think of a way to get myself out of the cuffs. I've seen many movies where professionals managed to get out of such situations but I knew it wouldn't work that way in real life. My hands were separated and I couldn't do basically anything about my condition right now... I wanted to scream in anger. How could have this happened? There was literally no way out of this.

I thought... maybe after some time of thinking about this all, I'd come up with something but I couldn't... It took hours and it seemed even longer with the cold whipping me mercilessly. William didn't care to leave another blanket for me to use if I got cold.

Some more time passed and my mind started going blank. No ideas were coming to me and I was beginning to fear for my sanity. What if I never get to go home? What if I don't manage to escape? What's that experiment he wants to use me for?

There was just so many questions that needed to be answered yet no one seemed to know the answers. William probably wouldn't tell me before we arrive at that... place he's been talking about.

I started imagining what it could look like. This house is already very beautiful but still scary so I could only guess that the new place would be even more beautiful and even scarier. Yet it was only my own little guessing game to make the time fly faster.

More things started going through my mind. Such as, getting killed in this whole story. There are many psychopaths in this world that don't need to think twice before burying you somewhere in the woods after doing horrible things. I wouldn't be the first nor the last to die in such a horrible way.

...

"Rosie, wake up." A soft and deep voice pulls me out of a dream that I just had. It wasn't the nicest dream you could think of really. "Hey, wake up." He repeats and I finally get to see where I am and I manage to remember what happened. I had fallen asleep sometime after William had left. Instead of thinking of a good way to escape I managed to fall asleep peacefully. More or less.

I am in a half-lying position so I sit up slowly groaning in pain as the cuffs around my wrists rub harshly against the red marks they had previously left. The pain was getting really intense...

"How long have you been gone?" I ask, shifting in my position to try and find at least a little bit more comfortable position. My body started to hurt too. It was really uncomfortable.

"Five hours. I managed to get everything that I need so I won't be leaving you alone anytime soon." William says without any specific emotion on his face. "If everything turns out well and according to the plan, we'll be leaving in three days... But it all depends on you and your behavior." His eyes lock with mine for a bare second and he suddenly lets out a sigh. "Will you be able to do it?"

"Do what..." I gulp, scared for my health and life. God knows what's going on in his head.

"Behave? I won't be tolerating any funny business that might be going on in your pretty little head. Especially in front of my father." I look away, lowering my gaze to the mattress underneath me and nod unwillingly. "Good. Any questions?" He asks and I remain silent despite the urge to get my answers. I knew that eventually, I would find out pretty much every reason why this happened... "Alright. I have some clothes for you. It's gonna be cold so I really don't want you to get sick." He smiles kinda crazily at me and sits next to me, leaning back against the bed frame, sitting over the rope that was holding my hand. It pulls down on my wrist painfully, making me moan in pain and discomfort. It was really painful and William noticed that.

"William... It hurts." I say softly, feeling tears stinging my eyes. It's not the pain that was making me cry, but the fact that he was enjoying this whole thing...

"And you want me to do what exactly?" His hand cups my cheek and I immediately look down to my aching wrist. His gaze follows mine and he makes a 'hmm' face. "It does look sore." William looks up at me and his eyes suddenly show sympathy. With a sigh, he gets up and walks to a little cabinet that was placed right next to the door, opening one of the drawers. I couldn't see what it was that he took but he came back right away. "I am going to cut these just because I want you to recover for the meeting with my father. If you try anything funny,... Well, try not to." He grabs the rope and pulls out a knife, cutting the rope and letting go of my aching wrist. I could literally feel blood flooding into my palms. William does the same with my other hand and throws the pieces of rope away onto the floor.

I gently rub both of my wrists, swallowing back all the pain that has been building up inside of me. I knew I was on the edge of crying my eyes out but I couldn't let myself appear that way in front of him because that must be right what he wants from me. By biting the inside of my cheek, I am also holding back the swear words that would come out of my mouth. I couldn't let myself mess this up. He has finally released me and this was the closest I have gotten so far.

"I knew you'd be a perfect girl for this, Rosie." William says and suddenly lifts my chin up, forcing a weird feeling into my guts. I immediately look away, forcing myself out of his hand. One more touch and that would do it. I knew that I wouldn't be able to hold back any longer if he did it again. "Don't be like that. I know that you don't like this but I promise I can make it easier for you to forget about your old life."

Something weird that I have noticed about William that he had different personalities from time to time. Part of me didn't pay attention to it as anything strange but I soon realized that maybe he was more than just... losing his temper now and then. It seemed like he was a completely different human being from time to time. Sometimes he would be very pissed off and angry with me for no reason and sometimes he would try to soothe me. Especially now when I'm in this condition. And yet, sometimes he would be very quiet and mysterious... Just like the first day, we saw each other. I started thinking that maybe he had the second persona. An alter ego.

Maybe even a couple of them.

A/N: My God! It's been a while damn it. I was busy with school so I wasn't really inspired but I hope you guys didn't mind it that much... It's really tough. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this story so far! Please leave a vote, it would mean a lot to me. :D