Ch. 12 - The pieces

I feel something in my mouth. Hard. Small. Smooth. I open my mouth to spit it out into my hand and my eyes widen when I see a tooth.

"What...??" I quickly search my mouth with my tongue to locate where the tooth fell from and I find an empty place in the back of my mouth. I start breathing heavily. What happened? I have perfectly healthy teeth, how is this possible? I have never had a cavity. I never even wore braces.

Suddenly I feel two more teeth falling out of my mouth and I quickly catch them in my hand. I feel tears swelling up in the corners of my eyes from shock. My teeth. What do I do now?! Why is this happening?

Seven.

Seven teeth are in my palm. My mouth isn't sore. But these teeth are perfectly healthy and did not feel wobbly at all. Impossible. Crazy. Terrifying.

"Stoph..." I mutter through tears as I feel another one falling out of my mouth. I felt empty. My mouth was missing too many teeth. I start crying even more in fear of losing any more of them.

Before I knew it, I was sobbing and begging for this to stop happening.

"Rosie, what's wrong?" A voice pulls me out of my lost mind. William is next to me, holding my hand and with his other hand petting my back. "What's with the crying, love?" He wipes away my tears before I could even get to my senses properly. Was this a nightmare? I quickly move my tongue and feel the teeth to see if they are really missing.

"I-I... It was a nightmare." I say still breathing heavily and fighting to calm down. I look around and see we are on a plane. That's right. I was living in a nightmare.

"You're okay, love." He uses that pet name again and I cringe at the sound of it. I am not his love. "Hey, can we get a glass of water?" William says to a stewardess passing by and she nods after glancing at me for a second. "Relax." I turn my head away and sigh.

"Can I use the bathroom?" William nods and shows me the way to the toilette. I was kind of expecting him to follow me but he just sat there unfazed. It was a relief and I really needed some time alone to be frustrated in silence without being scared of him catching the look of hatred on my face.

I shut the door behind me and locked it. I didn't want to be disturbed in my process of coping with the situation so I made sure to play this right and be back in a perfect amount of time. I didn't have a plan to escape a flying plane but I didn't want William to think something was up.

A few minutes to collect my thoughts is what I need right now. I have always been taught to remain calm in the most stressful situations. My mom is a psychiatrist and had always taught me to take deep meaningful and thoughtful breaths. I missed her and her lectures about everything that would come and bother my mind in life. I knew she was worried. My dad as well. I haven't heard their voices for a few days now and they must be very fucking worried at this point. I know they must have contacted the police by now... or have they?

"Rosie," I hear a voice from the other side of the door following a gentle knock at the door. "I need to talk to you. Time to come out." Something in his voice just made me want to curl into a ball on this bathroom floor and hide and never face him again. He sounded upset. Calm, but with many hidden emotions regarding his anger.

Without saying anything I flush the toilet and wash my hands so he sees them wet after apparently using the bathroom as I stated I would. I open the door slowly and catch him going for another knock. His expression softens only a tiny bit as he sees me. I guess he was relieved that I hadn't been crying in there.

"What?" I keep my voice down and with this simple word, I remain calm and quite cold to him. If I don't say much, chances of me saying something wrong are brought to the minimum and at the same time, I get to ignore him and maybe that will phase him.

As I'm about to step out of the bathroom, William pushes me back in and closes the door. I would lie if I said I wasn't scared.

"William, please..." These words slip out of me instinctively as he presses me against the wall. "Come on. L-let's go back." I stutter insecurely.

"Shut up for a moment, will you?" He says while locking his eyes with mine. His breaths were hot against my cheeks and I could feel the heat coming from him to me as seconds went by. But this didn't feel completely bad and I hated myself for that. I felt needed and wanted. It is a nice feeling but in this scenario, quite dangerous.

"I said be quiet. If you say another word, I'll hurt you, Rosie." He threatens and I choke on my breath for a second. Without waiting any more time, he presses his lips against mine while holding my hands against the wall next to my head on each side. A soft moan escapes my mouth right there and I curse in my head, thinking what the hell is wrong with me. At every moment like this, where I let myself enjoy his touch, I tell myself that he still hasn't hurt me. Not in the way killers do. He is not a psychopath. I might get out of this alive.

"Shh..." He whispers something in my ear as he pulls away and goes down to my neck. "I want them to know you are mine. I want you to know that as well." He said it so fast that I barely caught the words. What's he doing?

He starts sucking on my skin, using his teeth here and there which made me moan again but this time in pain. I gasp as he bites down even harder.

"William...!" I try turning my head away after the pain became quite uncomfortable. "Please." But he just bit harder and then released from the painful marking and continued sucking, probably drawing blood to the surface of my skin. This went on for a minute or so before he switched to my other side and repeated somewhat the same process. A few tears formed at the inner corners of my eyes from all the pleasure and pain he was putting me into.

As he finished with his little session, he gently kissed me up and down my jaw bone. The last two kisses were on the lips.

"Good girl." Is all he said to me. He placed another small kiss on my forehead and then took a step back, fixed my hair a little bit and left without closing the door, I guess assuming I would follow close behind. I took a moment to recollect my thoughts and decided not to take too long. He has shown me his short temper already so I am not planning on playing with him.

Taking a look in the mirror I see my bruised skin already forming red and pink spots. Love bites. Bite marks. He was serious when he said he'll make everyone know I'm his fucking property.

"Miss, we are about to land so please take your seat and fasten your seatbelt." A stewardess says with a nice smile and motions for me to have a seat.

I sit back down next to William but don't make any eye contact with him due to the encounter we just had a moment ago. I didn't feel at all comfortable right now and all I wanted was to stay away from him for a while which wasn't possible at this point.

"What am I supposed to say?" I ask. William glances at me with a raised brow.

"Pardon me?"

"When I meet your father, I mean. I don't even know your last name. What do I call him?" He makes a silent "oh" and nods. He then takes my hand in his while clearing his throat.

"Well, my full name is William Burton." He gives a small smile. "It's a pleasure." He says this like it's supposed to be some kind of a sweet romance movie where two people meet under the most romantic circumstances. After I don't reply to his poor attempt of making this better for me, he introduces his father in a few lines. I am to call him "Sir" or "Mr. Burton". Easy enough to remember, but I was scared. His name sounded intimidating and it made chills run down my spine. Am I going to meet a mafia member? William never explained what it was that his father's doing and so far I have only had the best of thoughts about him.

"Put a smile on that face, love. You are my happy little beloved girlfriend who is delighted to meet my father so make sure you give that impression." He warns and I inhale.

"Yes, darling." I force it out with a fake smile and look away, considering this conversation over.