Ch. 11 - Taking off

William let me stay like that, free from the ropes around my wrists, just because he needed me to look presentable for his father. Earlier today, I heard him talking to someone on the phone and I could only assume it was his dad when he called him that. Dad. William sounded frustrated and pissed off after that phone call. I figured that the relationship between them was not the best at this point. 

I quickly lay my head down and close my eyes when I hear his footsteps approaching the room I was locked in. I wasn't looking for trouble. Not yet at least. I wouldn't be able to get out of the house quickly enough. I need to wait for him to trust me a little more and let me out of the sight. 

The key turns a couple of times and another lock at the top of the door is unlocked in the end. By the way he opened the door I could tell he was pissed off again and I knew it would only make things worse for me. I didn't want to but I flinched when he slammed the door shut. Of course, he noticed my tiny movement. 

"You're awake..." He said that like he was surprised to see that. Did he expect me to sleep like nothing bad is happening in my life right here and now? He sits on the bed next to me but I don't move. I only turn my head away from him. I knew that was probably not the smartest thing to do when he was in a bad mood but I simply couldn't bring myself to look at him right now. "Rosie." His tone is now dangerously low and in a warning mode. I still couldn't figure out what he wanted from me and what was up with his different behavior all the time. "Look at me."

I turn my head slowly and his eyes show shock for a second. Then they are back to showing danger again. 

"You face." He pauses. "I didn't mean to hit you that hard." There was slight guilt in his voice. I hated it. It hurt. "I will have to take care of that. You'll need makeup." I press my jaws together to keep my mouth shut. I was so angry and scared, I just wanted to yell and scream at him. He kept me in here for three days and I haven't even gone... to do my business. I couldn't. "I am sorry for this." He gently rubs my cheek with his thumb and doesn't let me look away. "Truth is, I chose you because I really like you. I simply love your reactions to my... teasing, if you will." He smirks and lets out a small chuckle. "You don't have to fear for your life. I am not going to kill you. I know you are probably imagining the worst scenarios in your little brain but I promise I will never let you go." His words did not calm me down at all. Is he planning on keeping me as his possession forever? I at least know now that he won't kill me. But that could change quickly if I make a wrong move, piss him off or do anything that he won't like. 

A small sob escapes through me as I am unable to hold back any longer. I bow my head quickly in shame and fear. I was scared of not being free, of not seeing my friends and family ever again... I was afraid of his different personalities and bipolar behavior. 

Then William does something that surprised me but not as much since he was in his... calm mode. He sat really close to me and pulled my head to his chest, hugging me. It was quite comforting but then I remembered he was the one that put me here in the first place. I didn't fight it though. I wasn't supposed to. 

"I will care for you. I promise." He whispers and kisses my temple. I took this opportunity to ask him a question. 

"William..." He hmms to ask what I wanted. I wait a bit more in hesitation. "Will you at least let me tell my parents I'm okay..." I whimper softly, still unable to embrace the fact that I had to be here by force. My body shivered in his arms as he waited with his reply. I could tell this wasn't going to work as I thought. Who am I kidding? I am being kidnapped here. I don't have a choice or free will. I had to close my eyes before his flattering and careful gestures and focus on finding my way out. No one knows about this place. It was a newspaper add so there is no search history on the internet. No one knows about my new "job" except for Sally but she only knows that my new employer is weird as all hell.