✥XXIII✥ |Edge of Fate|

Edge of Fate

- T H E   F I N A L -

"I'm going to rid you of your existence," Death mumbles. "But before that, I'm going to use your corpse and Hylia's blood to complete the ritual in time of the Eclipse." Link frowns, an unsettling feeling against his chest. He breathes out in disbelief, "Why do you do this?" he questions. The Reaper huffs, almost solemnly, if possible.

"In order to change the past."

After her answer, his questions were cleared instantly. Death, she isn't really 'evil' at all. She's just someone who desperately wanted to correct the past to which she thinks is right, she probably blamed everything on herself. Upon knowing this, Link looks at her with a valiant glint in his eyes, tightening his grip on the hilt of the divine weapon in his clutch.

If she truly is the person whom he loved in his past life, if she truly loved him so much up 'till now.. Then he knows. Those feelings for her retained.

"I'm going to save you, (Name)." he says with confidence.

The girl growls, taking a step forward and leaping in the air. Flying towards him with her baton raised in the air, Link widens his eyes at her speed.

"I'm not (Name)! I'm Death!" she roars in lividness, swinging her baton horizontally with a battle cry. Link ducks as quick as he could, gasping when he sees the weapon aiming for his head vertically. Instinctively guided, he lifts his sword, blocking the attack and clashing with the girl's weapon. Effectively making sparks fly because of the force placed onto both weaponry. Through the gap in between them, her eyes flickered with evil as she gritted her teeth.

"And you will bow before me." she growls, spinning her baton, perfectly pushing the Master Sword off.

Link cusses lightly as he stumbled backwards, goodness, she's strong. Before he can fully regain his balance, he sees Death advancing forward. Widening his eyes as she strikes again, Link blocks it with his shield. After hearing her weapon collide with his source of protection, he briskly swings his sword downwards with a loud shout. Death laughs at this and simply steps to the side, easily avoiding the attack. Quickly transferring her grip on the baton to her left, she elbows him in the back. "Gah!" Link gasps out in pain as her foot collided with his side after receiving the blow from the girl's elbow. Sending him flying a distance away from her.

Impossible.

How can she avoid so fast? He can't even land a single hit!

"Hmph." she smirks at him, twirling the baton around her hands in style, strutting to the side in mockery. Link's eye twitches, well certainly, she has sass-he'll give her that.

"Your swordsmanship is no different, as well. I can perfectly read your moves." she chuckles.

Link arches one of his eyebrows as he stands up from the ground, wincing lightly. He smirks back, oh, he'll play at her level, alright.

"Oh, but I'm not even serious." he laughs, spreading his arms wide as if to taunt her. He enjoys mocking her back, it reminds him so much of the past. Back when she used to blush at his teaseful compliments.

"That all you got, (Name)?" he smiles in a lopsided way.

You lick your lips with a shake of your head, shaking the baton in your grip, a curved blade beginning to grow at one edge. When fully done, your baton had successfully turned into your scythe. "Oh certainly not, Hero." you smirk. You can see the way the colours vanish from his face, your scythe is ultimately enormous.