01. the announcement!

NATASHA, PIERRE, AND THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 COMES TO BROADWAY!

After the spectacular musical appeared at Ars Nova, then moved to the meatpacking district at Kazino (the musical playing in a makeshift tent structure), and has been playing at the American Repertory Theater for the past month now, and it was just announced online that it was moving to Broadway this coming fall.

Katarina Harrison will be making her Broadway debut and reprising her role as Natasha Rostova, a young countess who is seduced by a prince while her fiancé is off at war.

Josh Groban will making his Broadway debut as well, starring at Pierre Bezukhov, who is unhappily married, rich, awkward, and a good friend of Prince Andrey, Natasha's fiancé.

The story is based off of a slim 70 pages of Leo Tolstoy's novel, War and Peace. The story is rich and engrossing, and has always involved audience members in the show, such as performing right around them, or having them seated on the stage.

Amber Gray, Lucas Steele, Nick Choksi, Grace McLean, Brittain Ashford, Gelsey Bell, Paul Pinto, and Nicholas Belton will be reprising their roles from the previous years.

Be sure to keep an eye out for this show as it hits previews and Broadway this fall!