68. real life!

• • • • •

• • • • •

"Look at you! You look amazing!" Grace exclaimed as she embraced Katarina into a hug.

Katarina grinned, and pulled away, and replied, "Look at you! You look great as well!"

The two women made small talk as they waited for Gelsey and Nick to arrive. Katarina had been the one to suggest inviting Gelsey along, so then she could talk to her and catch up on what the hell had happened between she and Kat.

"I have arrived!" A male voice exclaimed behind them, and the two women turned to see Nick standing before them, extending his arms as if he was Dolokhov in the Opera.

Extending her arms as well, Nick laughed as he came up, hugging her first, and then Grace, he asked Katarina, "How have you been?"

"Well, it's been a tough four and a half months, but I've been doing better. I've gotten a different kind of meds, and it's really, really helped. And looking forward to tonight was another bright thing in my week," Katarina explained.

"That's good," Grace said, rubbing her shoulder reassuringly, and then Katarina saw Gelsey crossing the street.

"Gelsey!" She called, waving her hands, and Gelsey spotted her, and smiled at her as she finished crossing the street. "Katarina! Hi!"

The two women embraced, and then Gelsey went to Grace, then Nick. "How have you all been?" Gelsey asked, and Nick replied, "I've been auditioning for a new show lately."

"That's great!" The three women congratulated him, and Grace said, "I've been going around the east coast with my band. What about you, Gelsey?"

"I've been thinking about doing another show with Dave," She replied, and Grace nodded. She noticed that Gelsey wasn't her usual self, and Katarina took her off to the side while Nick and Grace went inside to find a table to sit at.

"How have you truly been doing?" Katarina asked, "I know you really liked her, and that this was your first public female relationship."

Gelsey nodded. "I really loved our relationship, because everything was going so well. And then she just . . . One day she asked if we could have a break, and that's when those pictures from the party came out a few weeks later," She explained. "What about you and Josh? What happened there?"

"Practically the same thing," Katarina replied, "We'd been living together, I truly loved him, and he had gone to that event that night, I hadn't seen a problem with it at first. And then the pictures came out later that night and the next morning, and I . . . I started a fight between us, and he's the one who had broken it off."