Chapter 10

Dan's POV
(Y/N) takes me by the hand and we run towards the rest of the crowd.

She looks back at me with her (e/c) eyes and smiles as her soft hand grips mine.

Is this what being in slow motion feels like? In the one second she turned to me, I could suddenly see every feature on her face. I can't help but smile at the joy she expresses through her smile.

As we approach the group we all stop and decide what ride we'd like to go on first. (Y/N) drops my hand and runs to a giant roller coaster.

"YES. Let's do it!" She says jumping up and down while looking to the group.

"I'm good. I don't want to throw up on the first ride we go on." Dodie says.

A bunch of the group agrees with her.

"Come on guys! It'll be fun!" (F/N) says.

I have a moment of clarity and decide to do something about it.

"Phil and I'll come!" I yell louder then I intended to.

Everyone's attention goes to me as I look at an excited (Y/N).

"Are you crazy? I'm not going on that thing! It's ginormous!" Phil pipes up.

"Come on Phil. It won't be that bad." I say pulling him by the arm.

"You can sit with me if you'd like you scaredy cat." (F/N) says to Phil.

"Yes! I don't feel safe sitting with Dan, he'd probably try to push me off the roller coaster."

I chuckle at his reasoning.

"What? You're abandoning me (F/N)?" (Y/N) says pouting.

"Yes, but I'm sure Dan would love to sit with you." (F/N) says winking towards me.

"Yeah! I mean only if you want to." I say.

"No Dan, I'd rather go sit with that old man with the beard. I'm sure he's lots of fun."

My face falls a bit as I look confused.

"Dan, that was a joke. I'd love to go on the roller coaster with you." She says laughing.

I awkwardly laugh back realizing how stupid I'm being.

"Good. I think 'Gerald' over there would've threw up on you. I promise I won't." I say putting my arm out for her to hold on to as we walk into the line.

Wow, I was actually smooth for once. I should change my name to smooth Howell. Yeah never mind, I take that back.

(Y/N)s POV
I hold onto Dan's arm as we approach the rollercoaster. I see (F/N) glimpsing at me while smiling really wide. She mouths 'you look so cute together!'

I'm actually touching Daniel Howell right now. I'm making physical contact. WHAT TH-

"Next." The rollercoaster operator says interrupting my thoughts.

We step through the gate and look around to see the available seats.

"Where do you wanna sit?" Dan asks. I take his hand and run to the front.