12| Rollin' Night

“Do or die, you'll never make meBecause the world will never take my heart” -My Chemical Romance

Do or die, you'll never make me
Because the world will never take my heart”
-My Chemical Romance

***

"I just promised myself I won't flirt with anyone tonight." Victor said proudly. Taking a seat opposite from Frans. Frans chuckled, shaking his head slowly. "If you say so."

The pub was indeed small and actually rather cozy. It was dark and a little bit western styled. The walls were covered with different pictures and quotes such as family roots are made with two hearts, and cozy quotes like Nana's kitchen, where memories are made and grandkids are spoiled.

The pictures were of different celebrities, from football players to singers. Such as Antoine Griezmann and Madonna. To Frans' surprise there was even one small picture of him too, next to Mater from the car cartoon.

"Welcome to BabyPack, what can I get to you boys?" A waitress asked. The woman had dyed red hair and a nose piercing. Her arms were covered with tattoos and in Frans' opinion, she fitted in the pub just fine.
He noticed the way woman's hazel eyes slid over Frans and the small picture of him on the wall. Realization crossed over the waitress's eyes but she said nothing. He was very thankful for that.

"This apple mojito and this BBQ beef entrecote." Victor smiled charmingly at the woman. The red head had unimpressed look in her hazel eyes as she turned to Frans. "And you sir?" "I'll just have water-" "he meant mojito." Victor cut in, eyeing the menu with a small smile. "- and a burger. Thank you." Frans finished his sentence, offering the waitress a friendly smile. The red headed woman gave Frans one last glance and hurried off after placing the knives and forks on the table.

Frans gave Victor a long look. Blonde groaned and dragged his eyes from the menu, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "What? It seems like you needed one." He just shrugged.

Frans leaned back and glanced around. The place seemed harmless to him. A group of men were around a small TV, eating chips and drinking beer. They were watching football, Frans couldn't help but wonder which teams were playing tonight. When he was younger, he used to play football with his mates back in Germany almost every night. Football was his passion back then, but lately he just doesn't seem to have enough time to keep up with football-world.

A family was eating dinner, a nice looking couple and three little kids. The most average pub ever and Frans immediately fell in love with the small place.

"So how's Thea and Vika?" Frans asked, snapping his eyes back to Victor. Blonde was narrowing his eyes, like he was thinking hard about something. His eyebrows were furrowed and he pinched his nose. "You're not crushing on my sister, are you?" He asked doubtfully. Frans eyes widened, he just hoped that it was Victoria.

"Victoria? Of course not." Frans said waving him off. The blonde didn't seem to believe him.
Victor smiled and leaned back "if you didn't notice yet, we are twins and of course, I'm the prettier one." He did duck face and blinked his eyes. Frans chuckled and felt calmer immediately, there was nothing worse than angry brothers.

"But they are doing good, Thea is working full time lately and so is Victoria though, they don't get much time off." Victor said thoughtfully, fidgeting with the small salt box on the table.
Frans frowned. He has never had any problems with money, he has it more than enough.

"But how can they keep up with school?" he asked confused. It must be hard to study and make money at the same time. And he dares to whine about his own career. Pathetic.

"Oh they'll work after school and study after work." "But what about you? You study too?" Victors eyes snapped to Frans and he tilted his head a little bit. " of course I do, and like the girls, I work as well, but as a barman not waitress." A cheer from other table caught Frans' interest for a second. It was the group of men watching football. He felt his inner football fan graving to go and see the game himself, but he managed to focus back to the guy opposite of him.

"And you had tonight off or were you just happening to walk randomly through the old park?" Frans asked resting his head on his bruised knuckles that he hardly noticed. Victor rolled his eyes, smirk plastered on his face. "I got a night off and besides, I told you, it is my park." He said simply. Frans rised his eyebrow but didn't pry any further.

He wanted to ask more about their life but Victor beat him do it. "How does it feel to be famous?" He asked out of the blue. The question caught Frans off guard for a second, but he smiled. "It's cool." He said simply, shrugging. "I bet its awesome, to travel all those places for free and have people do all of the planning for you." Victor was daydreaming, it was obvious he wanted to be a celebrity as well, but Frans knew better, he would never become famous. And if it was up to Frans, he would never let Victor become a celebrity like himself. Life like Frans had was just a torture.

"Why do you look like you're about to throw up?" Frans' green eyes snapped to Victor. "I though I saw a paparazzi, but I guess I was wrong." Victors eyes widened and he looked around, just to check.

"Here are your drinks and food boys." The red headed waitress placed the things on the table. It looked delicious and Frans felt his stomach growl. "Enjoy." She said and left.

The duo immediately dug in, enjoying the flavour of the dish.

The night dragged on, but the food was long forgotten, replaced with different alcoholic drinks. It didn't take much for Frans to snap his fingers and gulp down another glass of something fizzy.

Somehow the duo had ended up in the middle of the guys who had watched football before, but unlike before, they were all drunk.
Frans was sitting on a table, telling jokes and somehow slurring out words. His tongue felt weird, it was soft and didn't work right. The words came out slurred but nevertheless the group roared with laugher. Frans' face was red and sweaty, his eyes glassy.

There were five of them, together with Frans and Victor, seven. The chips and few bread snacks were all over the table, together with empty beer bottles. The red headed waitress and few other people had tried to let the group know that they shall get going, since it was long past midnight already and they should of had closed up long ago. But they weren't listening.

Not even Frans, he was too drunk to care at the moment.

But it was alright, he felt alright. There were no worries and darkness in his mind, no lies. He kept laughing with people he didn't even know. He laughed over them, and they laughed over him. In the end, they all got a good laugh. Except the employee of course, who just wanted to give the seven customers a good high-five in the face.

Soon the outside of the pub was flashing with red lights and annoyed cops had to deal with drunkards. As soon as the five strangers noticed police, they tried to crawl away, but failed miserably and found themselves in a police car. Unlike the men, Frans didn't mind, he would get out of there one way or another. Even in his drunken mind he knew that.

"Come on now, Mr King." A police man was keeping Frans on his steady feet as he stumbled out of the pub. There were all too familiar paparazzis, but he hardly even noticed them as he stumbled, half asleep half laughing to the car.

He leaned on the car, in attempt to fall asleep but Frans was pushed in the car.

That was not his first night he had to spend behind the bars, mistakes mixed with alcohol running in his veins. But even with the uncomfortable mattress, he fell into deep sleep.