27| Wonder Kids

"You're ripped at every edge Buy you're a masterpiece

Buy you're a masterpiece."
- Halsey

***

After a long one sided talk with Fredrick, Frans had dozed off. His head resting on the palm of his hand, the light, outgrown hair falling over his closed eyes.

The room looked like it was frozen in time. The morning rays of sun peeking in from behind the curtains, drawing dark and light lines on the white walls.

The picture would look calm, but in reality, it was everything but that.

A small figure opened the door very slowly, wide blue eyes curiously eyeing the two brothers.
Looking down the large hospital corridors, she noticed her caretaker was nowhere to be seen.

She slipped in the room, disturbing the hours of calmness that the brothers had.
Slowly, she padded closer to the bed that was across the room. She scanned the mans face, she knew him, or well, her older sister did. After all, her older sister did take pictures of Fredrick earlier.

The girl leaned forwards, trying to see the guys face who was sleeping by the bed. The guys blonde hair was annoyingly fallen over his face. Hesitantly she pushed the hair out of her eyes, giggling when the boy huffed.

The girl tickled Frans' nose with her fingers, giggling when Frans huffed once more, sneezing loudly.
The loud noise startled the girl and she hid under the bed.

Frans' green eyes flew open and his heart rate sped up. He looked down at Fred and rubbed his face, Fredrick was okay. He took a deep breath to calm his heart, how is it possible to sneeze so loud to scare yourself up from your deep slumber?

He froze when he noticed a pink stuffed elephant laying in front of him.

He jumped up, it wasn't there before. And he's only been asleep for a couple of minutes.
H

e tensed, but he did not feel any kind of fear. Painfully slowly, he peeked over the bed.

A pair of curious green eyes were met with playful, crystal blue ones.
It was a small girl with a bit too yellowish-pale skin, too dark circles under her eyes and too skinny frame. She must've been around nine years old in Frans' opinion. She had dark, long and dull hair. She was wearing a hospital gown, meaning she was a patient herself.
Everything about the girl was dull, except her smile. It was bright, and full of hope.

"Hey there."

Frans couldn't even finish his sentence before the girl had hopped on the bed and broken the trance like state Frans was in.