15| Sneaky

"You don't have to pretend that it's easy all the timeYou just let it go and, and grow with itAnd you can't hold on

You just let it go and, and grow with it
And you can't hold on."
- Shawn Mendes

***

"What's your favorite color?"

"My favorite color? Seriously? Well, I guess I'd go for orange, like the sunset kind of orange you know."

Thea scrolled down her phone and suddenly there was an amusing glint in her warm brown eyes. It caused Frans to rise an eyebrow at that. What was the answer he wondered.

"It says your favorite color is obviously light blue, the kind of blue that are Ellen Degeneres' eyes."

Thea stared at him for a short second blankly, her big eyes shining, failing to hide the amusement. Suddenly the girl burst out laughing, her phone falling on the table.
Frans placed hand over his heart, wearing a dramatic expression on his face. "It can't be-" He left a short, dramatic pause, waiting for Thea to calm down. "-all my life." He looked down at the floor of Energy Caffee, squeezing his hoodie. "I" he closed his eyes shut. "Have lived a lie."

He smiled when he heard Thea giggling again. He opened his green eyes and looked back at her, his smile never faltering.
Frans leaned back on the soft seat, wishing he could pull his hood off since it was so hot in the small coffee shop.

Thea rested her head on her knuckles, a small smile playing on her lips.
Somehow the simplicity of her was so refreshing and beautiful to Frans. He hated to be cheesy, but this rather quiet and shy girl seriously managed to bring out some odd feelings in him.
Thanks to the warm and nice evening the coffee shop was rather empty. There was an old couple sitting by the window, and by the looks of it the old lady was scolding the older man. While being at that, the old man kept snickering.
Frans tilted his head at the odd couple.

He snapped his eyes back to Thea when he heard the girl cursing. She crossed her arms and glared at her phone laying on the table. "What managed to ruin your day?" Frans asked, leaning closer to Thea.
She snapped her eyes up mumbling "school.".

The white haired boy didn't know anything about school work, only the few first grades, that's it. "What about it?" He asked interested.
"I'm so late with my homework, we had to question someone's career, the negative and positive sides of it. And we had to interview them." She groaned, hiding her face in her hands.
Frans frowned, that's quite boring, he had imagined they would be doing all kind of tests in chemistry and discovering interesting facts in history, but just ask something about someone's career seemed rather boring. "And you haven't found anyone to ask from?" He asked, eyeing over the girl who was making coffee behind the cashier. She could ask her about the job.

Thea shook her head. "But I mean, you could ask me." He shrugged, somewhat feeling a bit embarrassed. For what? He wasn't completely sure himself. "Really?" A grateful smile formed on her lips. "Yeah, if you're, uhm, okay with it I mean."

What was going on with him? He was never like this. So... Insecure and shy even? That's ridiculous. "Yeah, that sounds g-" "Thea your shift is over." A dark haired waitress announced, standing next to their table. Frans peeked up, noticing the waitress eyeing him up and down. It got him wondering were her and Thea close friends and she was just looking after her friend, or was she just awfully curious person.

"Yeah Pat, thanks for letting me know. I'll just go get my things, I'll be right back." She said to Frans, flashing a toothy smile and disappearing at the back room. Oddly, the girl -or Pat- didn't leave the table, she just stood there. Frans hurriedly put on his sunglasses and stood up.

The girl had black hair with pink tips, her big brown eyes had a hint of curiosity and lust in them. Put the reason behind that Frans failed to know. The girl was much shorter than Frans and she had to look up to him. He raised an eyebrow when she just kept staring.

"In case she gets boring, Frans King." The girl said slyly, handing over a small paper where was her phone number and name, with her twitter and instagram usernames as well.
Frans took the small pink sticky note, flashing a smile at her way so not to seem too rude.

"So, shall we go?" Thea appeared next to him, fidgeting with her black jacket buttons. He grabbed her grey schoolbag from the seat, throwing it over his shoulder to carry it himself. "Yeah, till next time, Pat." He said, offering the girl a small smile as he made his way around her, next to Thea.

They made their way outside where the day was slowly but surely coming to an end. At that moment, Frans was happy he had snuck away after their little trip to the open sea with Austin, Madison and others. The snorkeling hadn't been that bad, except the part where Madison tried to drown them both by kissing him under water to take pictures.

He will never try under water kissing again. Ever.

"I can carry it myself, you know." Thea said, pointing at the grey backpack. He winked, only to come to realization that he was wearing sunglass and Thea wouldn't of had seen that. He wanted to face palm himself, but he just covered it up with a smirk. "I'm a gentleman, and you, shall not carry those books while I'm walking with you." He said with fake British accent. Thea was biting the inside of her cheek so not to burst out laughing.

"Oh really? So, shall I ring you every morning to come and carry my schoolbag?" She mused, glancing at Frans. "Of course, my lady." He answered, snickering to himself. "Do you have a marker or something?" He asked, eyeing a poster. Thea frowned but stepped closer, reaching out to her schoolbag. "Uhm I shall have it here somewhere." She murmured, going through her things. "Aha, found it!" She said, holding it in mid air. Frans took it, brushing her fingers slightly.

He stepped closer to the poster, drawing moustaches and glasses to the guy on it as well as horns and bigger ears. He snickered and felt Thea next to him. "Well, you look better then ever." She said, eyeing Frans' tour poster up and down. "I didn't know you were that good at drawing." "I'm not, its just the magic marker." He said cheekily.

He felt his phone vibrating through his hoodies pocket and groaned.

Marvel.

"No I didn't runaway to France and no, I was not kidnapped." He said sarcastically. "Where the heck are you?! You have album cover photoshoot in fifteen minutes, do you think they have time to just sit back and wait for you, Frans? Take your responsibilities seriously or else they will hire more guards, dammit Frans!" He winced at the cold tone in his voice. He didn't even know he had some kind of photoshoot today. He heard marvel sigh through the line. "I'll be there in few, I'll just search it up through GPS. And don't move from your spot." He growled, ending the call.

There was no way to describe how embarrassed Frans was. He took his sunglasses off and sent an apologetic smile at Thea's way. "Sorry, we can't do your interview today it seems. But maybe you'd like to come with me and see it yourself?" He suddenly came to brilliant idea. Frans had no idea why but he wanted so bad for Thea to come with him. "Sorry Frans, but Victor and Victoria have planned something tonight with few friends, maybe other time then?" She asked, looking up to Frans hopefully.

He nodded and pulled her in for a hug. He hid his face in her dark hair, the smell of vanilla and strawberries almost driving him crazy.

He realized that he was indeed smelling her and stepped away hurriedly, what on earth was he doing? "I'll just, uh,be on my way then." Thea said as Frans handed over the schoolbag. "See you." She said and Frans couldn't bring himself to answer.

A dark hummer stopped next to him and with a sigh, Frans was forced back into reality called a musicians life.