33| Timer

" Just stop your cryingHave the time of your lifeBreaking through the atmosphereAnd things are pretty good from here

Have the time of your life
Breaking through the atmosphere
And things are pretty good from here

Remember, everything will be alright
We can meet again somewhere
Somewhere far away from here."
- H.S

***

Frans shook his head like a dog trying to get rid of the droplets of rain in his hair.
He took off his scarf as Michael closed the heavy wooden apartment door behind them.

It was pouring outside, almost nothing was visible on the streets.

The apartment looked rather dark, one wall was entirely made of glass so you could see down on the street, it was framed with dark blue curtains, fashionable. Not like Frans knew anything about fashion, but he found the apartment stylish.
It was wide and looked like bedroom and living room were almost the same. Well, they were in the same room anyways.

"Sit wherever you think fit. I'll get ya some ice or something."

With that Michael disappeared into another room.

Frans sighed and eyed up the odd apartment. He sat on the bed that faced outside and took out his phone.

"Oh darling! Nice to see you home, finally!" A voice startled Frans as an older lady stepped into the room. Her blonde spiral-curled hair was wet from the heavy rain outside. The spot on the floor where she placed her black boots was now pool of rainwater.

She took off her luxurious red and black scarf, dark red jacket and turned to Frans. "I heard Mary is doing great in her art classes, she's working with that project again isn't she. You should go and pick her up soon, or else it would get too dark outside already. Wouldn't want her wandering the dark streets, I swear most men nowadays have way too twisted minds." she huffed.

She said and marched into the room, not glancing at stunned Frans. She must think that he is Michael.
He noticed Michael hiding behind a door, looking at him with panic evident in his eyes. He tried to tell something to Frans with his body language and panicking state.

Play along.

The woman turned on TV.
"Well?" His green eyes snapped back towards the dark haired woman in front of him, her eyes narrowed immediately.

"What the fuck did you do now?" She hissed and stepped closer to him. Frans waited to get a slap or something, she just looked so savage. Instead, her soft and tender fingers caressed the injured skin above Frans' eye.

It was motherly act. Something he wasn't used to anymore, it was too foreign.

Immediately there were many feeling banging on the door of his heart.
He missed family.