23| Falling Into Slumber

"Sell your soul, not your whole self

"Sell your soul, not your whole self."
-The Neighbourhood

***

Frans ignored the strong smell of ethyl acetate in the air. After all, he knew very well how to ignore annoying things, just like he ignored his ringing phone.
But he was way too busy to pick up, besides, he didn't want to face the reality so soon.

Thea chuckled, causing Frans to peek up and raise an eyebrow at her.

"It's just that... you're so focused."

Frans shrugged, glaring at the nail polish. He probably hated it more then he thought he would.

He got to bed rather early yesterday after leaving the Golden Cat studio. Meaning, he had the will to wake up earlier just to tell Pixie to let Marvel know he would have his morning off.

By the ringing phone it was obvious Marvel had not taken his morning off.

But since Frans was already at Thea's place, he would just have to let Marvel wait.
When Frans had knocked on Thea's door, not really knowing would she or someone even be there, he was surprised to find Thea struggling with red nail polish.
Frans had offered his help, not really knowing what he got himself into.

"You've been redoing it for at least six times by now." Thea mused.
Frown was on Frans' face as he tried to make it look near perfection.
Thea laughed as Frans cursed, he had messed it up again.

"Just leave it be, it looks alright tho."

"No it doesn't! It looks like you stuck your finger into paint and then-"

"Frans, it looks alright."
Thea assured him, trying so hard not to laugh. In her eyes, it was adorable.
Frans was not impressed, how can something as polishing nails be so frustrating and hard.

While polishing her nails, Thea had asked few questions about his job, questions for school project which was now almost done.

"Are you hungry or would you like a cup of tea?"

Thea asked while eyeing her nails, it wasn't half as bad as Frans claimed it to be.

"Well I-"

Frans was cut off as front door slammed, startling both of them.

"Oohhh Theaaa! Your food machine is home!"

The familiar voice announced, Thea's eyes widened as he looked at Frans, panicking. Frans couldn't help but chuckle, Victor was one of a kind.  
He stepped in the room and his light eyes narrowed slightly as he saw Thea sitting on her bed and Frans kneeling in front of it. This might just look a little bit odd.
Frans stood up, his back and knees cracking. How long had he been there already?