Chapter 9- Three humans

Today is new day. Optimus and Bumblebee visited yesterday. We didn't get to talk much, Optimus and I. Since he got injured. But it was fun with Bee. Teaching him to ride the dirt bike. Optimus wasn't too happy about it. But I think he should try it. He might have some fun. Oh well it doesn't matter right now. I sit up in bed after I thought about yesterdays events. I have no idea what I'm going to do today. I do have some cleaning up to do from yesterday and restocking the energon up here. I stand up and change out of my PJs and into slim fit gray jeans and a pink and black raglen sleeve lace trim shirt. I also saw it online and had to get it. Well I didn't really get it. I just put the image in my memory. So I can switch up my holoform outfit. I put on my knee high black leather zip up boots. I take a look at myself in the mirror and do a once over. Then I stick my long black hair with pink highlights back in a pony tail. "Well I guess I'm ready for the day." I say to myself and head down the stairs down to Charger. I have her in vehicle mood. As there is no real point to have her in her biepedal form. Well my form. The first thing I decide to do, is do a quick patrol around my property. I hop into Charger and start her up. Then we head out to the edge of the property and drive.

Patroling took long get than usual. I guess cause I really didn't want to do it. I went slower. Though did stop for a bit and just sit and thought about everything. There has been a lot on my mind lately. And now that I know Optimus is going to be checking on me. I'm not sure if I should be happy about it. Or angry. I don't really know what to feel like anymore. I drove up into the shop and got out. I leaned against my old body. Not sure what to do. While I stood there pondering. I started to hear some weird noises. Sounds of swooshing and crackling of electricity. It was the same sounds I heard when I took Wheeljack to get the part. And he started fighting cons. I slowly walked out of my shop. I looked left then I looked right. And what I saw I couldn't believe. It was a huge swirling vortex. It was a bunch of blues and greens. It was a sight to see. I wonder what it does. I want to go and touch it. But yet I hold back. Before I could do anything else or even think. A cybertronian walks out of it. It was Optimus. I walk out of the shop and over to him. Before he spoke. Bumblebee and Rachet walked out if the vortex. I waved to Bumblebee. Then just as fast as it came. It was gone.

"What was that?" I ask them. "It's a ground bridge. Something we use to get from place to place." Said Optimus. I was still in awe. I want to know how it works. "Where is Charger?" He asked. Oh shit. I have her walk out to meet us. "Right here." I say to him. "What brings you back so soon?" I ask and have Charger pick me up so I can be at more eye level. "Just checking to make sure we can bridge here safely and be able to bridge out. And Optimus told us you don't have a way to communicate with anyone. So I'm going to set something up for you." Said Rachet.

I nod and we all walk into the shop. I hear beeping from Bee. He wasn't  following. I have Charger stop and turn around so I  can see what he's doing. It causes the others to stop too. Bee is bent down. Looks like he's talking to someone. "Bee?" Says Optimus. Bee stands up straight and has a guilty look on his face. At this point I'm very curious. I have Charger set me down. I slowly make my way to Bee. Optimus follows also a curious look on his face. As we got closer, Bee looked more and more nervous. Optimus stopped in front of him. He held his hand out to stop me. I think he knows what's going on. Now I really want to know. "Shhh be quite." I hear a whisper. Sounds like a male. And by the looks of it. Optimus heard it too.

"Jack, Miko, Raf come out." Optimus said. I see three figures walk out from behind Bee's pede. I back up in fear. The tall male stops, noticing me. He stops the other too. "What up Jack!" Yells the female looking up to the male called Jack. "What are you three doing here? I specifically told you not to come. To stay with Arcee and Bulkhead." Optimus said. He was angry. It kind of scared me. But I'm already scared. There are humans here. And Optimus knows them. I feel frozen at this point. I don't know what to do. The last time I had a run in with humans. They tortured me. These three look young and harmless. But I thought the other ones were harmless as well. Though they were much older. I back up more and have Charger pick me up. "Shelby, Charger it's okay they are friends. Human allies we have made being here." Optimus walks in between the humans and me. Looking at me. A soft look in his optics. I break from my daze and look at Optimus. I can't find words. I want to run. "We can trust them. I promise." He says to me. Then he turns to Bee. "Take them back." "Aww I wanted to see Bee ride the dirt bike." Said the female. "Arcee send a ground bridge." He said into his comm ignoring the female. "Bee take them back and don't let them out of your sight. We will talk when Rachet and I get back." He looks and the humans. The female looks mad and the two males look guilty and sad. Bee picks them up and they walk though the ground bridge. Before Bee departs. He turns and looks at me. He gives me a sorry look. "I'm sorry, Shelby and Charger." He beeped and whirred at me. Then he walked though. It hurt my spark.

"Are you okay?" Asks Optimus. "I'm fine. We are fine. You didn't tell me you had human friends." Anger started to fill my voice. "I know humans hurt Charger in the past. That's why I didn't say anything. And they weren't supposed to come. But I promise you, they are a very good asset to our team." He explained to me. I just nodded. Wanting to end the conversation. I don't even want to talk anymore. Charger walks us back inside. And Optimus and Rachet followed. I had Charger set me own as  I show Rachet my set up.

"Everything is so tiny." He said staring at my computers. "Well I am a human. We have tiny fingers. Compared to your servos." I say and wiggle my fingers at him. He scoffs and starts to work. "Does Charger have a comm link in her audio sensors?" He looks down at me. "She used to. But I took it out." I tell him. "So that's why she can't be tracked either. Why did you take it out? We could of found you guys sooner. And helped you." He says in a angry tone. "We didn't want to be found. We don't need help either." I cross my arms. "Ratchet. Her past isn't an easy one. Just like ours. She has her reason why she didn't want to be found. We should just be thankful we found her now." Said Optimus giving a glare to Rachet. I turned and walked away. Giving Rachet his space to work. I wanted to watch and learn. But if he's gonna be mean and grumpy I want know part.

I walked over to where I left Charger. My arms crossed and a scowl on my face. Maybe I don't want them to communicate with me. Maybe this is a bad idea. I climb up on Chargers pede and sit there. I can hear Ratchet complaining about my system to Optimus. He's not very quiet either. I lean forward and lean my head on my hand and elbow on my knee. I don't know if I like this. "Are you alright?" I hear the deep voice from Optimus. "I already told you. I'm fine." I say without looking at him. "You don't look or sound fine." He got down on one knee and tried to get closer to me. "Optimus, please. I'm fine. All I ask is you not to bring humans here again. I understand it wasn't your fault. By the way you acted. But please don't let it happen again." This time I decided to walk away. It hurt to say that to him. But I've been isolated away from humans for so long. That I can't be around them just yet. I hear Optimus stand back up. Hopefully understanding me and my position.