Chapter 15- Get in

"We have had a run in with MECH before. We knew that they knew about us. But not because they had captured one of us. They got ahold of Breakdown not to long ago. They were trying to learn more about our biology." Started Optimus. "But Bulkhead got him out.... Well the first time." finished Wheeljack. I cringe knowing what he meant. "And as far as we know their leader Silas is dead." Optimus said. "Well that's good to hear." I said. No one needs to go though what I did again. I knew they wouldn't stop with me after I fled.

"Ratchet to Optimus" I heard coming from Optimus's comm link. "Arcee to Wheeljack" What is going on? "You need to come back to base imediatly, its Bulkhead" They both say at the same time. "Open a ground bridge." Optimus says. Soon the ground bridge is opened up. Wheeljack takes a look at me before he follows Optimus. "Go, You friend needs you." I say attempting to push him though. He gave me a small smile before running though. The gound bridge closes and I feel a sense of relief flow though me. I walk to the back of my shop and climb up the stairs to the living area. Then I proceed to fall onto the couch.

I haven't talked about my time with MECH to anyone. I've only ever kept it to myself. For some reason I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Maybe it will help with the nightmares. It would definatly be nice. But then again, I don't know how to live without them. Everything is changing and I don't understand how this will work. There is so much to think about. So many more things I need to deal with. What do I do?

Soon I was taken out of my thoughts, as I heard the ground bridge open. I jumped off the couch and started to run down the stairs. I looked and saw Wheeljack run out of the blue and green portal. It closing quickly behind him. But before I could say anything, he is running to his ship. Not a word was said to me. I ran out of my shop and tried to catch up. But i was to slow. He took off. I wonder what that was all about. I wonder what happened to Bulkhead. I need answers. I ran back inside and got to my computers. I need to contact Optimus. "Shelby to Optimus. please come in." I said though the comm link. a few seconds later "Shelby this is Optimus, everything all right?" he asked. "Well I was just about to ask you the same thing. Wheeljack just came back and flew off in his ship like a bat out of hell." I told him. "Bulkhead has sustained a grave injury after coming in contact with Tox-en." I gasp. Tox-en was very dangous to be around. "Why did he come in contact with that horrible stuff?" "It was a relic that he was sent after to retrieve. Though we did not know that was inside it." I could hear the pain in optimus's voice. He was now down a bot.

"Do you know where Wheeljack went?" Asked Optimus. "No I don't. He just took off in the Jackhammer." I told him. I was now sitting in my chair at the computers. Leaning back, trying to get a grasp at everything going on. "Did you see Miko with him?" This time it was Arcee. "No I didn't. Is she missing?" I asked, leaning forward now. I still don't like humans yet, but I know Miko was one of the humans Optimus thinks of as family. So she is important. I heard Arcee sigh at the other end of the comm. "I take that as a yes." I say before she could say anything. "If I see her I'll let you know immediately." I said though the comm. "Thank you, Shelby." She says back to me.

*a day passes*

I hear the sound of a familier engine pulling into my driveway. Its been while since I had spoken to team prime. Yesterday they told me that Wheeljack came back with Miko, but Wheeljack immediately left again. No one knew where he went. So hearing him pull in, gave me a bit of a fright. I ran out to him. He rolls up in front of me. I stood there waiting for him to transform. But he didn't. Before I could say anything, his passanger side door open. "Get in" is all he said. I run and hop in his alt mode. Before I could even buckle the seatbelt, he was off. He was definitely driving over the speed limit. This was the first time I ever left my home without my body. I wasn't sure how to feel about this. I wanted to say no to him, but I was to scared too. He sounded very angry, and upset and everything in between.

After about 5 or 6 miles of driving in silence. "I'm sorry." Wheeljack said breaking the silence as well as slowing down. "For what?" I said quietly. "For coming back and leaving right away, then just pulling up and telling you to get in." He said sadly. There was a pause of silence. Neither one of us knowing what to say. Finally I asked, "what happened? I know about Bulkhead, but what happened with you rushing off?" "I needed to go make the con that did that to bulkhead pay. And honestly I don't feel any better doing it. I didn't even snuff his spark. Miko did." he stated. I raised my eyebrow. Wow a human killed a con. That is impressive. "Is Miko close to bulkhead?" I asked him. "Very." he didn't need to say anymore.

We drove in silence again. I don't know where we are going, but it felt nice. It wasn't an awkward silence or a tense one. It was peaceful. I had my arm resting on the door and my head resting on my arm, looking out the window. staring at the beauty around me. I didn't realize I lived in a place so beautiful. I don't even remember if Cybertron had this kind of beauty. "Wheeljack?" I question, just to see if he was paying attention. "Charger?" he questioned back. he said my real name. Well the real name he knows anyway. "That's gonna take some getting used to." he said. I gave a small chuckle. "Anyway." He continued. "Is Cybertron this beautiful?" I asked him. "Dont you remember Cybertron?" he asked me. i brought my head up and looked at his dash. I tried to think, and see if I could remember some of Cybertron. "No I don't. I lost lots of my memory crashing into earth. the only thing I can remember is the color of what my creators were." I said to him. then looked back out the window. "What color were they?" he asked me. "One was blue and red. Kind of like Optimus's color scheme. The other one was a gray and pink." I told him. I put my arm in my lap and looked down at my hands. Hands not servos. Like they should be. "What if optimus is your sire?" he said, there was a sense of optimism in his voice. "Yeah I don't think so. Even if he was, he wouldn't recognize me anymore. My carrier wouldn't either." Ii told him. "Why not?" he asked. "I look different now. Ii changed my colors." I said to him. the sadness showing in my voice.

"Anyway," I started changing the subject. "You didn't answer me. is Cybertron this beautiful?" "It was, well in its own way. Earth and Cybertron are two different kinds of beauty. Both equally as beautiful as the other." You could hear the sadness in his voice as he spoke about the two worlds. "What do you mean it was?" I asked him. Worry grew in my voice. what happened to cybertron? I don't think anyone ever told me what it was like on Cybertron after the war started. I don't think I really wanted to know either. "It was consumed by the war. It is no more. Why do you think the battle has been brought to earth?" "I guess I didn't want to believe it. I knew something must have happened if the Decepticons are here. But I didn't think the war would destroy our home." I wanted to cry. I would never see my home again. I would never find out where my creators went or if they are even alive anymore. I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my knees, burying my head into my knees. I felt a hand start rubbing my back. I looked up, suprised. Wheeljack was in his holoform, sadness in his eyes."Its okay, we will find away to restore our home." He gave me a small smile.

He continued to drive, but he stayed in his holoform. I eventually pulled myself together. Putting my feet back down on the floor. I had my arms crossed over my chest and I was looking back out the window. Next thing I know I feel Wheeljacks hand slide over my arm and he grabbed my wrist and pulled my arm away from my chest. Then he moved his hand into mine. I looked up at him in surprise. All he did was smirk at me and bring my hand up to his face and kissed it. My face heated up quick. and I looked away. Then he brought his and my hand down and rested on the arm rest. Never letting go of my hand.