-Chapter Eight-

Bucky Barnes

Bucky didnt know what to make of the scene in front of him, that weird kid had apparently filled an entire room with water. Then was able to control the water in the room, which to say the least was not the most comforting thing when he saw Steve in there. Steve always manged to get himself in trouble, ever since they were kids.

Once the weird darkly dressed kid randomly appeared and took the water bending kid, Bucky turned to look at Sam. Who was also baffled, before either could try to make sense of what just happened Tony, Steve, and Peter landed on the edge of the roof. They jogged over to where the two stood, when they noticed the kid was gone Tony began cursing, and Steve just dropped his head. Peter looked incredibly twitchy and nervous, his hands were tightly wringing themselves. Bucky often found himself surveying people, he didn't know why he just did.

"You okay, Buck? Sam?" Steve asked obviously nervous about their well being after him and the others had been nearly drowned.

"We're fine, but I gotta ask who was that?" Sam asked slightly out of breath.

"Percy Jackson, we have reason to believe he could be dangerous and we need to make sure he wont be a threat." Steve sounded so formal when he was either in that suit or on a mission. Bucky knew Steve wasn't always so stuck up and righteous. He was actually a lot of fun.

"Jackson? Why does that name sound familiar?" Bucky spoke up, his head tilted and eyes squinted as he looked up at Steve's eyes. Steve took a deep breath and shook his head as he exhaled.

"Maybe because he blew up the St. Louis Arch? He was a suspected criminal when he was twelve, and was on the run for a year. That ended up being passed off as some stupid excuse. He literally dropped off the earth for an entirety of eight months, before showing up in ROME AND GREECE WITH SIX TO SEVEN RANDOM TEENAGERS! He then MAGICALLY shows back up New York, and starts going to school at-get this-PETER'S SCHOOL! IT'S A FREAKING RIOT!?" As Tony spoke he only seemed to get more angry, even Bucky was concerned about the vein that threatened to pop in Tony's forehead. He looked at Steve, who just gave Bucky a signal to not mention it, and to leave Tony alone. Bucky was still tempted to ask, but decided Steve was probably right.

"Speaking of Percy HOW THE HELL DID HE ESCAPE A MASTER ASSASSIN AND AIRFORCE MAN?" Tony yelled at Bucky and Sam. Bucky felt anger bubble up under his skin, but he did nothing to react.

"Some goth kid showed up yelling at him, the  he grabbed Jackson before he disappeared again. It was weird man, it was as if the shadows wrapped around him." Sam answered for the both of them, Tony looked stunned with this new information.

"Wait there was another kid?" Steve looked between Bucky and Sam, the two nodded in unison.

"Who was he, or she?" Tony jumped all over the prospect of finding this kid again.

"Dunno, he had long shaggy black hair, was a mix between deathly pale and olive dark. He was yelling at Jackson as if they had know each other for years. He was probably no more than sixteen." Bucky spoke, his high attention to detail seemed to be a pretty useful thing when it came to ID'ing the guys they were hunting. Peter was still nervously twisting his hands, except now he seemed even more nervous, Bucky caught this.  He eyed Peter skeptically, " You know who were talking about don't you?" All eyes shifted to Peter, who looked as if he had just seen a ghost.

"I um, um, no, well yeah, no, but yeah. He...Um...sounds, well, he sounds like one of the kids I hear Percy talk about to his girlfriend. His cousin actually, but I've.. never actually-you know-met him. He was always so mysterious when Percy talked about him...I guess I just kinda assumed..he -ya know-didn't exist?" Peter stuttered, and stumbled so much over his words that it took everyone a solid minute to decipher what the kid had actually even said.

"Wait Peter, how many kids does he talk about, and who the hell is this girlfriend of his?" Sam blinked a few times before he spoke. Peter bit his lip, and flinched when Sam mention Jackson's girl.

"He talks about a lot of people he knows, he always says their from camp, but its usually about the same eight or nine people? I cant remember all of their names, but I know his best friend is named Grover. He has four cousins named Jason, Nico, Hazel, and Thalia. Then he talks about Frank, Piper, Leo, and Reyna. Then his girlfriend is like his everything, he once said he would die for her, but that she wouldn't let him do that. He laughed when he said that, I don't know why he would laugh at something like that, but-"

"Name, Peter. What is her name?" Sam clapped his hands loudly to refocus Peter, he jumped before spitting out the name.

"Annabeth Chase. Her name is Annabeth Chase." Peter looked as if he was going to be sick, and before anyone could say anything else Tony grabbed Peter and whisked them away back towards the building.

"You don't think he is going to try to use this girl as bait do you?" Sam asked Steve who stepped up so he now stood in between Bucky, and Sam.

"I hope not, for the girl and Percy's sake. Tony is off his rocker if he thinks ill let him do that. " Steve squared his shoulders, and Bucky watched Steve's face begin to harden into that war harden stone face. Bucky hated that face, it wasn't the Steve he knew. To stop this, he slipped his hand into Steve's and gave it a squeeze, just to remind Steve that this wasn't war. This was just a simple mission. This was a kid.

"Alright, now I can only carry one of you over at a time. So we better go now to keep an eye on crazy pants." Sam spoke, as he grabbed Steve under his arms and lifted off into the air. As he did Bucky and Steve's hands slipped apart, but Bucky didn't miss the smile and wink Steve flashed his way.

Hello lovely readers! I hope you enjoyed this! Now how do you guys feel about Steve and Bucky being in a relationship? If so just comment Yes, if not please comment No. I'm going to let the audience to decide!

Anyway. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll see you in the next one!

PEACE!